Al Jaber lands $55.8m Bani Yas City infra projectby CW Staff on Dec 16, 2010
The Al Jaber Group has been awarded an AED204m ($55.8m) infrastructure contract for the three phases of the Bawabat Al Sharq master community project.
The project, located in Bani Yas City close to the Abu Dhabi Airport, along the Al Ain Road, comprises premium apartments, villas, health care facilities, an international school, a FIFA standard football stadium with a seating capacity of more than 20,000 spectators.
The project will also have a shopping mall with 339 high profile retail outlets, a supermarket, Family Entertainment Centre and movie theatres. The Bawabat Al Sharq Mall will also feature Souk Al Megnas, a distinctive traditional souk covering 4500m2.
The Al Jaber Group will conduct all infrastructure works for the project. That will include building all roads, services, electrical network, water network, sewage network, drainage network and landscaping. Work has already started and is due for completion in June 2012.
The company has 450 employees on the project at present.
HE Obeid Khaleefa Jaber Al Murri, Chairman of Al Jaber Group said, “We are very pleased to be the selected contractor for the infrastructure work of Bawabat Al Sharq project. We have a great relationship with Abu Dhabi Municipality, Baniyas Investment & Development Company and Baniyas Sports Club; this project will cement this relationship further”.
“Al Jaber Group is a leader in the infrastructure and contracting sectors in the UAE and the region, and our selection for the Bawabat Al Sharq project will further enhance our image and reputation to be the contractor of choice for major clients with outstanding projects,” he added.
- KEO to oversee housing at Saraya Bandar Jissah
- Qatar issues tenders for sewerage scheme
- Ship mishap may scrap 1200 ME-bound luxury cars
- Mashreq opens tender for new Dubai HQ construction
- British Chamber of Commerce opens office in Qatar
- Gulf firms invited to develop $2bn Tahiti project
- Top 10 tallest towers set for completion in 2015
- SNC Lavalin to upgrade former Dubal site
- Nakheel floats infra tender for Dubai community
- Kazakhstan eyes construction of new nuclear plants