10 killed in two separate blasts in Chinaby CW Staff on Apr 12, 2011
Four people were killed in a cement plant blast Sunday in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, local authorities said.
A steam boiler of the cement plant in Baolongshan Town of Tongliao City exploded at around 7:40am on Sunday.
The cause of the blast is under investigation.
In an unrelated event, six people were killed when an explosion brought down a three-storey building in Beijing’s Chaoyang district on Monday.
It’s believed the explosion was caused by a gas leak, though an official explanation has not been released.
The building contained six apartments, though it’s not certain just how many people were in the building at the time of the explosion.
- Dewa endorses Acwa and Harbin Electric cooperation
- Last chance to enter the CW 2015 Salary Survey
- Mouchel Consulting hires director for Saudi Arabia
- Jaidah pens distribution deal with STILL in Qatar
- Qatar: Msheireb labourers strike in Doha
- Qatar: Drake & Scull labourers strike in Doha
- Oil price drives Saudi BinLadin to cut 15,000 jobs
- One week left to win with CW 2015 Salary Survey
- DSE secures $36m project wins in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- UAE labour ministry designs inspections vehicle