10 killed in two separate blasts in Chinaby CW Staff on Apr 12, 2011
Four people were killed in a cement plant blast Sunday in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, local authorities said.
A steam boiler of the cement plant in Baolongshan Town of Tongliao City exploded at around 7:40am on Sunday.
The cause of the blast is under investigation.
In an unrelated event, six people were killed when an explosion brought down a three-storey building in Beijing’s Chaoyang district on Monday.
It’s believed the explosion was caused by a gas leak, though an official explanation has not been released.
The building contained six apartments, though it’s not certain just how many people were in the building at the time of the explosion.
- Dubai: Nakheel tenders for security services
- Saudi: KWM appoints new partner for Riyadh Office
- UAE: MoID to Emiratise all work categories by 2018
- Asteco makes seven associate director promotions
- Sohar Industrial's $51m Phase 7 works 30% complete
- Aurecon makes senior hires in Middle East and Asia
- Can GCC's young FM professionals find jobs online?
- Kalmar to supply tractors to Khalifa Port Terminal
- OSHAD launches annual Safety in Heat programme
- Levitating pods to revolutionise UAE transport