10 killed in two separate blasts in Chinaby CW Staff on Apr 12, 2011
Four people were killed in a cement plant blast Sunday in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, local authorities said.
A steam boiler of the cement plant in Baolongshan Town of Tongliao City exploded at around 7:40am on Sunday.
The cause of the blast is under investigation.
In an unrelated event, six people were killed when an explosion brought down a three-storey building in Beijing’s Chaoyang district on Monday.
It’s believed the explosion was caused by a gas leak, though an official explanation has not been released.
The building contained six apartments, though it’s not certain just how many people were in the building at the time of the explosion.
- Al Shirawi completes fit-out of Dubai hospital
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- RTA to reopen Marina roads along Dubai Tram
- ISG Middle East appoints new managing director
- Dubai contracting firm HLG's chief arrested
- Dubai: IMG Worlds of Adventure's launch delayed
- KBW confirms two infrastructure projects in Jordan
- RNL hires director of architecture for MENA region
- Qatar closes 60 worksites for midday ban violation
- Caterpillar: New 320D2L excavator more efficient