10 killed in two separate blasts in Chinaby CW Staff on Apr 12, 2011
Four people were killed in a cement plant blast Sunday in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, local authorities said.
A steam boiler of the cement plant in Baolongshan Town of Tongliao City exploded at around 7:40am on Sunday.
The cause of the blast is under investigation.
In an unrelated event, six people were killed when an explosion brought down a three-storey building in Beijing’s Chaoyang district on Monday.
It’s believed the explosion was caused by a gas leak, though an official explanation has not been released.
The building contained six apartments, though it’s not certain just how many people were in the building at the time of the explosion.
- Worker crushed to death by road roller
- Five top tips for networking
- ZonesCorp educates UAE labourers on their rights
- Paul Briers named project director at Summertown
- QF examines foreign labour recruitment into Qatar
- First students graduate from Alfanar PMA
- Bahrain sees 54 companies violate midday work ban
- Charles Biele appointed CEO of Dubai Properties
- TRA conducts emergency plan exercise at Dubai HQ
- DEWA organises Arweehom campaign for its employees