10 killed in two separate blasts in Chinaby CW Staff on Apr 12, 2011
Four people were killed in a cement plant blast Sunday in north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, local authorities said.
A steam boiler of the cement plant in Baolongshan Town of Tongliao City exploded at around 7:40am on Sunday.
The cause of the blast is under investigation.
In an unrelated event, six people were killed when an explosion brought down a three-storey building in Beijing’s Chaoyang district on Monday.
It’s believed the explosion was caused by a gas leak, though an official explanation has not been released.
The building contained six apartments, though it’s not certain just how many people were in the building at the time of the explosion.
- Video: Dubai Police frees man from worksite pit
- Qatar allocates land parcels for private schools
- Ship traffic boosts Dubai Floating Bridge downtime
- Dulsco to expand into the oil sector
- UAE: Emrill wins Dubai Healthcare City FM contract
- Foundation Holdings appoints five new executives
- Japan’s Kansai Paint reveals GCC expansion plans
- Enviroserve signs $32m Dubai Wholesale City deal
- Omran inks $98.7m financing deal with QNB Oman
- QIMC inks agreement with Cheval for Qatar project