Aedas Dubai design wins office and retail awardby Oliver Ephgrave on Apr 26, 2011
Striking Dubai project Boulevard Plaza, designed by Aedas, was named Best Commercial Office and Retail Project at last week's 2011 Cityscape Awards in Abu Dhabi.
The recently completed Boulevard Plaza Towers project, developed by Emaar, was designed to introduce a meaningful space that integrated emblematic Islamic patterns while challenging the traditional model of a commercial building. Aedas’ design realised the client’s vision for an elegant commercial development with an iconic silhouette.
Andrew Bromberg, executive director at Aedas and designer of the project, added: “We are thrilled that Boulevard Plaza has been recognised for its innovative design and outstanding quality. From the outset of the design process our objective was to deliver a project that was considerate to the context and inspiring to the city and to the users; this ambition was achieved through a design that combined the sinuous qualities of the form with the playful insinuations of Islamic motifs.”
Michael Fowler, Aedas' managing director in the Middle East, said, “The project makes a significant urban contribution to the built environment of Dubai."
"This ground-breaking development is a true representation of Aedas’ exceptional design abilities and a project we are all very proud of in the Middle East and across the globe."
- UAE hosts first Project Management Conference
- Frank Gehry scoops Getty Medal for architecture
- GEZE opens its doors to GCC construction community
- Rides begin to arrive at Dubai Parks and Resorts
- Design influences daily life, says expert panel
- Pritzker honours late Frei Otto with 2015 Prize
- Zaha Hadid presents Mexican housing project plans
- Ferrari World to build world's steepest 'coaster
- Meraas unveils $3bn theme park mega project model
- Bid to make Spanish architect Antoni Gaudi a saint