Aedas Dubai design wins office and retail awardby Oliver Ephgrave on Apr 26, 2011
Striking Dubai project Boulevard Plaza, designed by Aedas, was named Best Commercial Office and Retail Project at last week's 2011 Cityscape Awards in Abu Dhabi.
The recently completed Boulevard Plaza Towers project, developed by Emaar, was designed to introduce a meaningful space that integrated emblematic Islamic patterns while challenging the traditional model of a commercial building. Aedas’ design realised the client’s vision for an elegant commercial development with an iconic silhouette.
Andrew Bromberg, executive director at Aedas and designer of the project, added: “We are thrilled that Boulevard Plaza has been recognised for its innovative design and outstanding quality. From the outset of the design process our objective was to deliver a project that was considerate to the context and inspiring to the city and to the users; this ambition was achieved through a design that combined the sinuous qualities of the form with the playful insinuations of Islamic motifs.”
Michael Fowler, Aedas' managing director in the Middle East, said, “The project makes a significant urban contribution to the built environment of Dubai."
"This ground-breaking development is a true representation of Aedas’ exceptional design abilities and a project we are all very proud of in the Middle East and across the globe."
- Google unveils plans for new European headquarters
- Lady Gaga Oscars set designers in plagiarism row
- UNESCO Afghan heritage contest sparks controversy
- Sharjah fertile landscape for urban artist eL Seed
- Gem-inspired hotel perfect for Dubai say designers
- BIM opens up worldwide collaboration possibilities
- Al Rayyan Road project secures $345m finance
- US contractors would consider LEED alternatives
- Cloisall says DXB Concourse 4 fit-out completed
- Qatar accommodation squeeze impacts officials too