Chaos in Dubai as school bus hits worker lorryby Stephen White on Jun 14, 2011
RELATED ARTICLES: Workplace accident rate drops in Abu Dhabi | BSU: worksite accidents are now better reported | Accident free quarter for Damac in Dubai
A school bus and a workers transport bus collided this morning on the southbound carriageway of the Sheikh Zayed Road.
According to reports, the number 61 school bus operated by the Delhi Private School collided with a worker transport bus near the Hard Rock Cafe close to Dubai Media City around 7am this morning.
Ambulances and air rescue teams were soon at the accident and there have been reports of injured passengers being air lifted at the scene.
While there are no confirmed reports of serious injuries or casualties Dubai Police have described the crash as "serious" and advised motorists to avoid the area.
The accident brought the Jumeirah Palm-end of Dubai to a temporary standstill with motorists caught in the chaos.
Tailbacks extended as far back as the World Trade Centre 10km away.
- Bauma-CONEXPO India draws both OEMS and GCC firms
- Hill Intl nabs project mgmt contract in Morocco
- Hill Intl bags $15.5m FM contract from ADNOC
- Rotana to build 12 new hotels in the UAE by 2020
- Case unveils Dubai parts facility at 'Eagle Days'
- Albaddad Capital expands facilities to meet demand
- Ritchie Bros. marks 20 years of auctions in Dubai
- Dubai Municipality takes delivery of green fleet
- Azizi hands over Azizi Orchid Residence to owners
- Hyundai to begin construction on Saudi shipyard