Chaos in Dubai as school bus hits worker lorryby Stephen White on Jun 14, 2011
RELATED ARTICLES: Workplace accident rate drops in Abu Dhabi | BSU: worksite accidents are now better reported | Accident free quarter for Damac in Dubai
A school bus and a workers transport bus collided this morning on the southbound carriageway of the Sheikh Zayed Road.
According to reports, the number 61 school bus operated by the Delhi Private School collided with a worker transport bus near the Hard Rock Cafe close to Dubai Media City around 7am this morning.
Ambulances and air rescue teams were soon at the accident and there have been reports of injured passengers being air lifted at the scene.
While there are no confirmed reports of serious injuries or casualties Dubai Police have described the crash as "serious" and advised motorists to avoid the area.
The accident brought the Jumeirah Palm-end of Dubai to a temporary standstill with motorists caught in the chaos.
Tailbacks extended as far back as the World Trade Centre 10km away.
- MCB debuts heavy machine bearings in Middle East
- Wacker Neuson upgrades its electric wheel loader
- SSAB campaign highlights carbon-saving with steel
- Dubai: UAE's first solar-powered gas station opens
- Volvo CE sales increase by 30% in first quarter
- UAE: WWA announces the passing of Keith Lupton
- Dubai Ruler directs extra generators at landmarks
- UK's Auger Torque launches Middle East operations
- Renault Trucks launches K Xtrem in Middle East
- Qatar allocates land parcels for private schools