Chaos in Dubai as school bus hits worker lorryby Stephen White on Jun 14, 2011
RELATED ARTICLES: Workplace accident rate drops in Abu Dhabi | BSU: worksite accidents are now better reported | Accident free quarter for Damac in Dubai
A school bus and a workers transport bus collided this morning on the southbound carriageway of the Sheikh Zayed Road.
According to reports, the number 61 school bus operated by the Delhi Private School collided with a worker transport bus near the Hard Rock Cafe close to Dubai Media City around 7am this morning.
Ambulances and air rescue teams were soon at the accident and there have been reports of injured passengers being air lifted at the scene.
While there are no confirmed reports of serious injuries or casualties Dubai Police have described the crash as "serious" and advised motorists to avoid the area.
The accident brought the Jumeirah Palm-end of Dubai to a temporary standstill with motorists caught in the chaos.
Tailbacks extended as far back as the World Trade Centre 10km away.
- Volvo sales volumes dip in Q3, but margins improve
- Liebherr re-enters rough-terrain cranes, eyeing ME
- UAE's EGA opens container terminal in Guinea
- Caterpillar CEO Doug Oberhelman elects to retire
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Kuwait parliament dissolves amid 80% fuel hike row
- UAE: Ministry assists in payment of delayed wages
- Daimler’s finance arm supports 940,000 vehicles
- Rapid Access launches AWP mobile app for the GCC
- Al Fahim Group firm signs Cyclo distributorship