Chaos in Dubai as school bus hits worker lorryby Stephen White on Jun 14, 2011
RELATED ARTICLES: Workplace accident rate drops in Abu Dhabi | BSU: worksite accidents are now better reported | Accident free quarter for Damac in Dubai
A school bus and a workers transport bus collided this morning on the southbound carriageway of the Sheikh Zayed Road.
According to reports, the number 61 school bus operated by the Delhi Private School collided with a worker transport bus near the Hard Rock Cafe close to Dubai Media City around 7am this morning.
Ambulances and air rescue teams were soon at the accident and there have been reports of injured passengers being air lifted at the scene.
While there are no confirmed reports of serious injuries or casualties Dubai Police have described the crash as "serious" and advised motorists to avoid the area.
The accident brought the Jumeirah Palm-end of Dubai to a temporary standstill with motorists caught in the chaos.
Tailbacks extended as far back as the World Trade Centre 10km away.
- Chicago Pneumatic adds midsize plate compactors
- Schmidt Heilbronn opens $5.44m Gulf HQ in KIZAD
- IronPlanet unveils Marketplace Direct platform
- Genie lends support to Italian earthquake victims
- Sanghvi Movers orders seven Demag crawler cranes
- Ford invests in Argo AI for autonomous vehicles
- Doosan adds LED option for four light tower models
- Daimler honours EMC for its regional sales role
- UAE's ENOC to build 10 service stations in 2017
- Terex upgrades Demag AC500-8 all-terrain crane