Chaos in Dubai as school bus hits worker lorryby Stephen White on Jun 14, 2011
RELATED ARTICLES: Workplace accident rate drops in Abu Dhabi | BSU: worksite accidents are now better reported | Accident free quarter for Damac in Dubai
A school bus and a workers transport bus collided this morning on the southbound carriageway of the Sheikh Zayed Road.
According to reports, the number 61 school bus operated by the Delhi Private School collided with a worker transport bus near the Hard Rock Cafe close to Dubai Media City around 7am this morning.
Ambulances and air rescue teams were soon at the accident and there have been reports of injured passengers being air lifted at the scene.
While there are no confirmed reports of serious injuries or casualties Dubai Police have described the crash as "serious" and advised motorists to avoid the area.
The accident brought the Jumeirah Palm-end of Dubai to a temporary standstill with motorists caught in the chaos.
Tailbacks extended as far back as the World Trade Centre 10km away.
- Iveco unveils 2,200km-range LNG concept truck
- Restrata highlights rising pay-off of telematics
- Konecranes secures 21-unit port order in Egypt
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- Vtools eyes GCC-wide roll out for Ford Tools
- Passenger volumes on Dubai public buses rise 4.6%
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part one: A-C
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part two: D-H
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part three: I-M
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part four: R-Z