Chaos in Dubai as school bus hits worker lorryby Stephen White on Jun 14, 2011
RELATED ARTICLES: Workplace accident rate drops in Abu Dhabi | BSU: worksite accidents are now better reported | Accident free quarter for Damac in Dubai
A school bus and a workers transport bus collided this morning on the southbound carriageway of the Sheikh Zayed Road.
According to reports, the number 61 school bus operated by the Delhi Private School collided with a worker transport bus near the Hard Rock Cafe close to Dubai Media City around 7am this morning.
Ambulances and air rescue teams were soon at the accident and there have been reports of injured passengers being air lifted at the scene.
While there are no confirmed reports of serious injuries or casualties Dubai Police have described the crash as "serious" and advised motorists to avoid the area.
The accident brought the Jumeirah Palm-end of Dubai to a temporary standstill with motorists caught in the chaos.
Tailbacks extended as far back as the World Trade Centre 10km away.
- Cat debuts mini-excavator with portable hydraulics
- First Saudi-built Renault Truck rolls off the line
- Messe Frankfurt launches Materials Handling in KSA
- Komatsu uses drones to automate excavation work
- KBW brings Ascorel technologies to the region
- Video: FAMCO launches three new brands in Saudi
- Iveco and Astra launch in Saudi Arabia with FAMCO
- World’s first robotic builder to enter service
- UAE: ADNOC opens largest service station to date
- Volvo simulators prove popular in the Middle East