Construction of $138m 85-storey Damac tower beginsby Rana Jimaa on Jun 15, 2011
Arabtec has started the construction phase on the $138m residential Damac Heights development in the Dubai Marina.
The 420m-tall, 85-storey Damac Heights tower will consist of one, two and three bedroom apartments, as well as duplexes and penthouses. The project will include a temperature controlled swimming pool, gymnasium, nursery, sauna, steam room and spa facilities.
“To impress in Dubai these days, developers are aware they need to go to the next level. It’s not enough to build a nice apartment building in a mediocre location. You have to build a phenomenal building, in a prestigious location with every conceivable modern convenience included. That’s what we are aiming to achieve with Damac Heights” said Niall Mc Loughlin, Senior Vice President Damac Properties.
Damac Heights will represent the second partnership between Arabtec and DAMAC Properties at Dubai Marina, following completion of the 84-storey residential tower ‘Ocean Heights’ last year.
Arabtec's chief executive offiver Riad Kamal said, “We have had a long and successful history working with DAMAC Properties. The stunning Ocean Heights development is a testament to the strength of our relationship and what we have been able to achieve in collaboration with DAMAC.
"I have no doubt that Damac Heights will surpass even Ocean Heights, to become the premiere residential development along the ocean-facing stretch of Dubai Marina."
Enabling works have been completed by Zetas Foundation Technology. Chief architectural work was conducted by Aedas while structural engineering was completed by Ramboll Whitbybird.
According to the Council of Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, the tower is expected to be completed in 2014.
- Siemens delivers its 1,000th gas turbine to Qatar
- Mall of Qatar set to create 8,000 new jobs
- 'We did nothing wrong,' says MMG's Adel Al-Mojil
- JK Cement supports white cement terrazzo designs
- RICS: New global standard to aid property market
- CW Awards 2016: Nominations close in two weeks
- Saudi: Cayan opens sales for $266m Samaya project
- Qatar's UDC awards piling works deal at The Pearl
- Qatar: Arabian MEP secures new projects in Lusail
- Aldar to open Yas Acres Phase 3 homes sale in Oct