2011 Construction Week Power 100: 51-60by CW Staff on Jul 2, 2011
2011 CONSTRUCTION WEEK POWER 100
> The Power 100 - Full List
51. KHALIL SHOLY
UNITED DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
Khalil Sholy has been the MD of United Development Company (UDC) since its inception in 1999 as a Qatari Public Shareholding Company.
He was appointed by the board as its MD, charged with the initial organisation and business development activities of the overall company.
Sholy ensured the successful investment and financing of major innovative projects, such as the The Pearl Qatar artificial island project and the greenfield establishment of such subsidiaries as the Middle East Dredging Company (MEDCO), Qatar District Cooling Company (QC) and Ronáutica Middle East, among others.
Sholy graduated with a degree in structural engineering from the University of Evansville in Indiana in the US. He established the Construction Development Company (CDC) in 1982 and developed it into one of the top companies in Qatar, credited with the construction of several famous landmarks such as the Four Seasons Hotel Complex, which includes the Qatar Telecom (Q-Tel) Tower and two residential towers.
Sholy is actively involved in investments and project development in the real estate, banking and retail sectors in Qatar, the UAE and Lebanon.
Next: IAN CLARKE
- 2015 Construction Week Qatar Power List: 1-30
- 2015 Construction Week Qatar Top Developers
- 2015 Construction Week Power 25 Saudi Arabia: 6-10
- 2015 Construction Week Power 100
- Pictures: 2015 CW Power 100 - Top 10
- 2015 Construction Week Power 100: 21-30
- 2015 Construction Week Power 100: 61-70
- 2015 Construction Week Power 100: 91-100
- 2015 Construction Week Power 100: 51-60
- 2015 Construction Week Power 100: 81-90