GIOLOG awarded pharmaceutical warehouse projectby Rana Jimaa on Jul 25, 2011
GIOLOG, a developer and investor for logistics and industrial facilities in the GCC, has been awarded with the design and build of a new $10m pharmaceutical warehouse of Kuehne and Nagel in Dubai Logistics City.
“For the K&N project we are in a JV with the German contractor Max Boegl Middle East. GIOLOG is carrying out the project management,” Stefan Behrendt, Managing Director of GIOLOG, told Construction Week.
The work includes the complete design and build of the project, with the handover set for July 2012. The project requires the approval of the World Health Organisation and the country’s Ministry of Health.
“A LEED silver verification is also required,” added Behrendt.
The lead consultant for the project is German consultant Planquardrat Middle East.
- DCCA awards contractors with best HSE practices
- GCC VAT implementation could be delayed
- AW Rostamani inks deal with ICT for retrofit
- DP World’s container volumes grow 5.7% in Q1 2017
- Key players discuss issues plaguing the industry
- Swiss-Belhotel to open hotels in Egypt, Bahrain
- Saudi comprises 42% of region’s security market
- Nakheel reports $403m net profit for Q1 2017
- ACWA Power rebuilds team in Saudi Arabia
- Hormann launches multipurpose external doors