Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Tomas Kuta takes on global VP role for Volvo CE
- Iveco and MAN do battle in European truck race
- JCB books 50-unit order for its Hyrdadig machines
- GAC EnvironHull launches fuel savings calculator
- UAE: Seven jailed for security breach at WFES 2016
- Hitachi appoints regional CEO for the Middle East
- Yanmar signs Turkish distributor for compact kit
- Hitachi’s operating income drops by 46.1%
- Terex Corporation profits fall by 19% in Q1 2016
- Designer picked for $1bn Bahrain Airport interiors