Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Video: Volvo CE machines on Doha’s Lusail project
- Volvo CE inaugurates electromobility test facility
- Liebherr crane erects first wind turbine in KSA
- Oman military recruits Genie GTH-4018 telehandler
- Kone reopens 350m-deep high-rise testing lab
- Riyadh Metro will use design to appeal to citizens
- Caterpillar launches MD6250 blast hole drill
- Iveco expands into East Africa with Kenyan partner
- Al Khaldi signs order for 540 Mercedes-Benz trucks
- UAE: Dubai's RSS buys 300 JCB gensets in $11m deal