Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Qatar water demand to increase by 56.5%
- Launch pad: full details of JCB's next-gen line-up
- JCB to launch entry-level backhoe in GCC in 2015
- Volvo CE launches its first 35-tonne excavator
- Oman's PDO wins award for solar cat-eyes
- Construction Week Qatar Awards 2014 winners
- Kalmar Super Gloria pulls off record-breaking lift
- MAN to reveal future tech for Middle East at IAA
- ADPC unveils mobile app for port pass applications
- JCB unveils hybrid generator for off-grid power