Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- IPAF's Smart PAL Card scoops Plantworx award
- Volvo EC480D HR enlisted to demolish NATO base
- Speedy's Middle East 'de-risking' nears completion
- Case slates 2016 window for GCC compactor roll-out
- Intertruck drops Sachs clutches in favour of Eaton
- Ritchie Bros manager discusses GCC growth strategy
- Case 570T sales for Saudi pass 50 in under a year
- FAMCO and Volvo CE's KSA video passes 1m views
- Grove duo lifts 84-tonne paper drum in New Zealand
- Vehicle auctioneer Copart opens office in Bahrain