Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Case unveils Dubai parts facility at 'Eagle Days'
- Albaddad Capital expands facilities to meet demand
- Ritchie Bros. marks 20 years of auctions in Dubai
- Dubai Municipality takes delivery of green fleet
- Azizi hands over Azizi Orchid Residence to owners
- Hyundai to begin construction on Saudi shipyard
- HLG bags Al Mutahidah Towers construction contract
- Damac unveils Akoya Manarola villas in Al Qudra
- Construction work on Suez Canal to begin in 2017
- Nakheel completes Ibn Battuta Mall expansion