Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- 58-unit SDLG order gets to work in Saudi Arabia
- 13 industry leaders form Hydrogen Council at Davos
- Pay-as-you-go car rental app launches in Dubai
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- DEWA signs MoU with Électricité de France
- Mercedes-Benz unveils special edition Actros model
- Bobcat launches 11 new telehandlers in Middle East
- Three tips for equipment rental in GCC's FM sector
- Abu Dhabi expands reach of food truck licensing
- Al Tayer debuts Ford compactor truck at EcoWaste