Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Daimler rolls out Stage IV in India ahead of GCC
- Dubai Solar Park substation to complete Nov 2017
- Top 10: GCC contract wins - August 2015
- CP launches new range of metal impact wrenches
- Video: Liebherr lifts world tallest steel support
- Komatsu bets on interactive 3D virtual training
- Terex Trucks sells 10 dump trucks to Myanmar mine
- Tata Motors counts losses after Tianjin explosions
- School bus safety initiative launched in UAE
- Terex 3800 crawler crane hoists Versailles bridge