Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Qatar infra projects get $140bn investment
- JCB unveils midi-excavator with no junk in trunk
- 5.2% growth in salaries for Qatar: 2015 forecast
- Montabert hints at Middle East drill introduction
- Work tees off on JCB's $50mn, 240-acre golf course
- World's first hybrid wood chipper uses Volvo Penta
- Volvo excavators help to create underground mall
- Renault to build electric Bluecar models from 2015
- Jebel Ali ranks amongst world's 10 largest ports
- Hitachi to send two 200-tonne excavators to Qatar