Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Altaaqa Global opens East Africa office in Nairobi
- Volvo and FAMCO stage UAE lubricants seminar
- Liebherr LTM 1750-9.1 delivered to Moh Seng Cranes
- Potain tower cranes work on Europe's largest mall
- Bair discusses custom parts for global PMV market
- Is the Middle East ready for Tier 4 technology?
- Fuelling progress in the GCC's PMV sector
- Underwater breaking for Atlas Copco attachments
- Factory visit: GORICA Industries' UAE facilities
- How to rig a crane's load effectively