Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Coal-handling Sennebogen reaches 600T per hour
- Terex unit uses Boom Booster for turbine erection
- JCB to axe 150 jobs
- Liebherr tower cranes delivered to Indian dockyard
- Himoinsa and FAMCO launch hybrid genset in GCC
- Liebherr system uses second crane as counterweight
- Khalifa Port's productivity grows by over a third
- Abu Dhabi Police buys 25 Mercedes-Benz saloons
- Rubber World and Bahwan pen Gulf-O-Flex agreement
- Umm Ethnaitain Interchange exit temporary closure