Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Largest flat-top in North America reaches Kentucky
- CONEXPO: Volvo debuts GaiaX 2030 excavator concept
- Caterpillar talks PMV finance in the Middle East
- Giants of the Middle East
- CONEXPO-CON/AGG and IFPE open doors to the public
- Sustainably grow your product portfolio
- Second in the Queue
- Demag discusses German workmanship in Middle East
- Regional launch for Maxoptra fleet management tool
- CONEXPO: JLG releases new AWPs for Las Vegas show