Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Cat ends dump truck outsourcing deal with Navistar
- Fatal crane incident costs contractor $47.8m
- Dubai researchers develop crane-positioning system
- No space left at Materials Handling Middle East
- Audi, BMW & Daimler near $2.7bn Nokia Here deal
- Materials Handling 2015 presents $86bn opportunity
- Cargotec profits soar for Hiab and Kalmar port kit
- UAE: ENOC eyes expansion after fuel deregulation
- CSCEC orders Aquajet hydrodemolition robot
- Jade Emper-OS to rule Zayed Port in Abu Dhabi