Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Zoomlion profits continue to slide in H1 2016
- Komatsu announces $2.9bn acquisition of Joy Global
- UAE firm announces plans for palm recycling plant
- Volvo settles anti-trust investigation with the EU
- Video: Crane collapses across New York bridge
- Cat facial recognition tool tracks driver fatigue
- Rapid Access sees 22% revenue growth in the GCC
- Raimondi Cranes delivers first LR213 luffing units
- Grove GMK3060 mobile crane competes in drag race
- Sohar Industrial's $51m Phase 7 works 30% complete