Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- UAE's EGA opens container terminal in Guinea
- Caterpillar CEO Doug Oberhelman elects to retire
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Kuwait parliament dissolves amid 80% fuel hike row
- UAE: Ministry assists in payment of delayed wages
- Daimler’s finance arm supports 940,000 vehicles
- Rapid Access launches AWP mobile app for the GCC
- Al Fahim Group firm signs Cyclo distributorship
- UAE: ALEC Energy wins 6.8MW solar plant contract
- Volvo CE names Patrik Lundblad SVP for technology