Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Ford invests in Argo AI for autonomous vehicles
- Doosan adds LED option for four light tower models
- Daimler honours EMC for its regional sales role
- UAE's ENOC to build 10 service stations in 2017
- Terex upgrades Demag AC500-8 all-terrain crane
- SDLG enjoys record wheel loader sales in India
- UAE: RAK Precast orders Elematic production tech
- UD Trucks to launch Croner medium duty truck
- Mercedes-Benz Bank enters 2017 with record figures
- Himoinsa provides backup for Doha Festival City