Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- ALE crane lifts 600t and 800t equipment in Turkey
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- GCC unlikely to move to Euro IV as planned in 2017
- Liebherr’s VarioBase LTC 1050-3.1 proves popular
- Volvo CE appoints Carl Slotte regional president
- Caterpillar to phase out seven mini-excavators
- Diggers move in to assist Italy earthquake rescue
- Al-Bahar launches undercarriage for Cat D9 dozers
- Al Shirawi completes fit-out of Dubai hospital
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai