Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Dubai firm allies with Korean bearings giant ILJIN
- Toppled Taiwanese tower had tin cans in concrete
- Bristol VMD inks GCC deal with Ambulanz Mobile
- Cat reviews Middle East legalities for drone deal
- CNHI heavy equipment sales down 18% in 2015
- Manitou Group report 3% rise in net sales value
- Video: Crawler crane collapses in Lower Manhattan
- Volvo Group reports 10% sales growth through 2015
- CMC Group bucks industry trend with HTML5 website
- Himoinsa powers Dakar Rally’s first electric model