Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- River bank collapse scuttles 20 cars in Florence
- Volvo rolls out severe-duty features for trucks
- Haulotte scissor lifts change the Kaaba’s cover
- Simplified manual cuts Genie upkeep costs by 20%
- Qatar to release construction code update in 2018
- Dubai Municipality hands $490m Jaddaf contract
- Tasjeel signs vehicle testing deal with Al-Futtaim
- Liebherr owns 80% tower crane market in Qatar
- Konecranes-Terex sale to form $4bn crane business
- Konecranes buys Terex port, overhead crane units