Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Qatar's GDP grows by 6.3%
- KEO gets health and safety award
- Terex unveils its Explorer 5500 all-terrain crane
- Peax moots UAE expansion for second half of 2015
- MAN set to sell 1,000 units in the UAE during 2014
- Indo Farm seeks UAE dealer for construction arm
- Hala launches GCC-specific Heli wheel loader
- Big 5: Al Wasit to focus on financial flexibility
- Big 5: MB sells crusher bucket on first day
- Big 5: Dubai firm shows off 'naked' robots