Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- DP World reports 9% volume growth so far in 2014
- Terex Trucks enlists next wave of apprentices
- SAMCO has best MAN assembly process in the world
- Khalifa Port handles 2mn containers in two years
- IPS to expand in the MENA and India
- Qatar Infra event to throw spotlight on projects
- Hydrotec makes phone sale at Thor brand launch
- Thor enters Middle East equipment market
- HIAB unveils next-gen products for Middle East
- Coal-handling Sennebogen reaches 600T per hour