Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Renault and Fiat pen commercial vehicle agreement
- SDLG G9190 makes the grade in Borneo jungle
- Genie booms help to construct giant horse heads
- Volvo CE sees sales fall by 9% during Q2 2014
- Prime Link fleet looks set to double during 2014
- RAK Government buys 96 machines from GTHE in 2014
- Potain tower cranes assist with $3.8bn dam build
- Mohamed Karim is Mitsubishi's new voice in the UAE
- Manitowoc MLC650 successfully completes load test
- GASCO to acquire 100 Mercedes-Benz trucks