Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Free services for selected Isuzu trucks in Qatar
- Ajman Municipality takes delivery of LiuGong units
- Genie dispatches its first telehandler to the Gulf
- FAMCO's KSA launches attract over 1,000 visitors
- GENAVCO to double Dubai workshop capacity
- Grove introduces GHC crane range with live demo
- GENAVCO to float tender for UAE workshop contract
- JCB conducts full-range roll-out for QS gensets
- Zahid Tractor to expand Future Contractors Program
- HSE: Communication is king