Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Emerson opens two facilities in Dubai’s Jebel Ali
- Terex apprentice named world welding champion
- Dubai Ruler oversees DEWA-Masdar solar park MOU
- Dubai Industrial Strategy to add $45bn to economy
- Cat debuts mini-excavator with portable hydraulics
- First Saudi-built Renault Truck rolls off the line
- Messe Frankfurt launches Materials Handling in KSA
- Komatsu uses drones to automate excavation work
- KBW brings Ascorel technologies to the region
- Video: FAMCO launches three new brands in Saudi