Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Total to make Hitachi-branded oil products in UAE
- Himoinsa to launch two hybrid gensets for the Gulf
- Dubai opens first electric vehicle charging hub
- Renault Trucks conducts 100,000km of tests in Oman
- Volvo CE road equipment sets pace at US race track
- DEWA opens Mai Dubai bottled water plant
- RTA and Etihad Rail pen strategy for cooperation
- HGV orders convince SDC Trailers to open GCC hub
- Nissan unveils Leaf with glow-in-the-dark paintjob
- Genie to standardise card readers on larger booms