Made to build: 10 of the world's largest machinesby Stephen White on Aug 9, 2011
10. Pump powerhouses
Both Sany and Putzmeister lay claim to having the world’s longest concrete pump truck.
According to the Guiness Book of Records, Sany Heavy Industry holds the record for the longest boom of a truck-mounted concrete pump. The record of 71.535m was set on the 3 August 2009.
While Sany may be the record holder, Putzmeister claims its own 70m-plus machine is the only one in use. Its experience with Burj Khalifa also puts in prime position for pouring on concrete for the envelope-pushing and gravity defying Kingdom Tower project in Saudi.
- Abu Dhabi Ports upgrades terminal operating system
- Minnesota Vikings to enlist over 200 Skyjack units
- Liebherr crane erects world's largest bronze horse
- Bobcat targets rental firms with INTERMAT launches
- IPAF aims for 200,000 Smart PAL Cards by year end
- IPAF unveils e-learning for powered access licence
- SDLG to roll out full range in GCC during 2015
- Nixon Hire boss calls of prompter payment in Qatar
- CMC reveals 100% sales record for Rockwheel demos
- Crane collapse collects building in UAE capital