Executive Council approves 2020 Dubai master planby CW Staff on Oct 4, 2011
The Dubai Executive Council (DEC) has approved the Dubai Urban Development Master Plan-2020 and will establish a ‘Supreme Urban Planning Council’ to streamline the urban and environmental planning process in the emirate, officials of the Dubai Municipality have said.
The plan is desigend to focus on sustainable land use and economically viable projects and initiatives, according to director general of Dubai Municipality, Hussain Nasser Lootah.
“It is a master plan for the city of Dubai. We have to know what we’re going to do and what is our requirement for these lands and how we need to develop it,” Lootah told newsite Emirates 24/7.
“This master plan has taken all the aspects – residential, industrial, commercial, schools, hospitals and even infrastructure – into consideration. We have taken it to the Executive Council and they have approved it. We are leading the project and are cooperating and coordinating with government organisations and private developers,” he added.
Lootah stressed that the plan would embrace all aspects of land development, and that more infrastructure projects were in the pipeline. He said that while real estate development would be taken into consideration, it wouldn’t be the primary focus of the plan.
“Real estate is part of the city. We are developing, DEWA is developing big projects, RTA has completed the Metro and so many roads. We too have completed a huge sewage plant. We are building new public gardens and launching so many other projects. It is not just real estate,” he said.
- Nakheel to float Deira Islands Mall tender soon
- How many Dubai Expo 2020 deals have SMEs won?
- Protiviti appeal against MMG court case dismissed
- Rasmala acquires 72 warehouses in DIP for $81m
- Dubai Properties Group unveils homes at Serena
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Dubai Sports City luxury villas ready for handover
- Dubai: Imposed fire laws cause 270 handover delays
- Bloom Gardens' phase 3 delivered ahead of schedule
- Winners of ME Tekla BIM Awards announced in Dubai