Executive Council approves 2020 Dubai master planby CW Staff on Oct 4, 2011
The Dubai Executive Council (DEC) has approved the Dubai Urban Development Master Plan-2020 and will establish a ‘Supreme Urban Planning Council’ to streamline the urban and environmental planning process in the emirate, officials of the Dubai Municipality have said.
The plan is desigend to focus on sustainable land use and economically viable projects and initiatives, according to director general of Dubai Municipality, Hussain Nasser Lootah.
“It is a master plan for the city of Dubai. We have to know what we’re going to do and what is our requirement for these lands and how we need to develop it,” Lootah told newsite Emirates 24/7.
“This master plan has taken all the aspects – residential, industrial, commercial, schools, hospitals and even infrastructure – into consideration. We have taken it to the Executive Council and they have approved it. We are leading the project and are cooperating and coordinating with government organisations and private developers,” he added.
Lootah stressed that the plan would embrace all aspects of land development, and that more infrastructure projects were in the pipeline. He said that while real estate development would be taken into consideration, it wouldn’t be the primary focus of the plan.
“Real estate is part of the city. We are developing, DEWA is developing big projects, RTA has completed the Metro and so many roads. We too have completed a huge sewage plant. We are building new public gardens and launching so many other projects. It is not just real estate,” he said.
- Big 5: Fawaz CEO slams Dubai Expo sceptics
- Expo 2020: Win will boost UAE's real estate sector
- Expo 2020: Sheikh Mohammed hails Dubai victory
- Expo 2020: Dubai result reaches 850m people
- Expo 2020: UAE flag fridge reintroduced
- Expo 2020: Tower to be named 'Burj 2020'
- Expo 2020: TECOM offers congratulations
- Hospitality sector to win big from Expo success
- Big 5: Origin to open Middle East factory
- Irish company opens UAE documents base