Nine 200m+ towers built in Abu Dhabi in 2011by CW Staff on Jan 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi added nine 200m+ towers to its skyline in 2011, according to a new report by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) of the US.
The CTBUH states that this is a "remarkable" achievement, especially as the emirate only had two such buildings at the beginning of the year.
A further 13 towers of 200m+ are under construction, indicating that the capital will continue to be an important market "for the next several years," stated the report, entitled 'A Year in Review: Trends in 2011'.
Abu Dhabi's largest project to be completed in 2011 was Etihad Towers by developer Sheikh Suroor Projects Department (SSPD) and main contractor Arabian Construction Company (ACC).
The nine 200m+ towers completed in 2011 in Abu Dhabi are:
- (8) Etihad Towers 2, 305m
- (16) Etihad Towers 1, 278m
- (20) Nation Towers Residential Lofts, 268m
- (27) Etihad Towers 3, 260m
- (42) Etihad Towers 4, 234m
- (44) St. Regis Luxury Hotel, 233m
- (57) Etihad Towers 5, 218m
- (71) Capital Plaza Residential Towers, 210m
- (87) Capital Plaza Office Tower, 200m
- India's Amity to launch $54.5m campus in Abu Dhabi
- Burt Hill JV wins drug addict rehab design deal
- Problems at UK arm hits Balfour Beatty's profits
- MMG begins arbitration with Petrofac over debts
- Dubai duo mop up more business at WETEX event
- Drake & Scull wins $49m Qatar MEP contract
- MBR city will take ten years, says Nakheel CEO
- Nakheel issues brace of maintenance tenders
- Enterprise Qatar to hold workshops for SMEs
- Four new Oman stadium projects tendered