60km stretch of Omani coast road to be done by Mayby CW Staff on Feb 1, 2012
A 60km stretch of the Batinah Coastal Road that is currently being constructed in Oman will be completed by May 2012, the Turkish construction firm behind it said on Tuesday.
At present, the stretch of the highway being built runs from Naseem Gardens to Musannah, a report by the Muscat Daily said.
When completed, the total work being done equals nearly 200km of highway and up to 80km of service roads.
Cetin Ugur Dayioglu, deputy general manager of Makyol, told the newspaper that although the actual deadline of the project was December, work on the firm’s section of the road would be ‘done by the end of May’.
He added that Makyol was also looking at other projects in the Sultanate.
“We have already submitted a bid for the Barka fisheries hub project. We want to be involved in that project,” he added.
“We have submitted our bids for the Batinah Expressway stage one and stage two and are now preparing for stage three. We are eyeing many new strategic projects,” he continued.
According to figures released by authorities at the Oman Construction Summit 2012, total government expenditure during 2012 was projected to top $10bn, a 23% increase over the corresponding figure for 2011.
“Spending will continue on a wide array of projects, notably roads, ports, airports, water supply schemes, sewerage treatment plants and dozens of schools and hospitals,” Abdullah bin Rashid Al Kiyumi, director general of projects for Omani government, said on the sidelines of the summit.
- UAE's EGA opens container terminal in Guinea
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Qatar: Al Khor Commercial Street works completed
- Siemens presents metro train to Riyadh authority
- Saudi Arabia tests rail link from Riyadh to border
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- Qatar: Ashghal allocated $8.7bn for infra works
- ConocoPhillips appoints new Qatar business head
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai