DEWA is 'more than just electricity and water'by CW Staff on Mar 1, 2012
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority held its fourth annual Health, Safety and the Environment conference at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai.
The conference featured a group of world experts, including Mohan Munasinghe, a Nobel Prize winner and Chairman of the Munasinghe Institute for Development who tackled the topic of climate change, sustainable energy, water and waste reduction.
"As part of its integrated management system policy, DEWA is also committed to the successful implementation of quality, health, safety and environmental management within its business of electricity and water production and transmission," said Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, MD and CEO of DEWA.
“These activities are also grounded in our responsibility to society, which is not limited just to the provision of electricity and water, but also includes maintaining the highest levels of safety and security in supporting resources sustainability."
Dr. Yousef Al Akraf, EVP of Business Support at DEWA, further stressed the importance of strict adherence to quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE) administrative systems, which focus mainly on the health and safety of human resources.
This will result in efficiency of production and operations, excellence in services delivered, and an increase of production through a healthy and safe workplace.
"DEWA implements integrated administrative systems, adheres strictly to the best criteria and practices related to QHSE,” said Dr. Al Akraf.
“At DEWA we also constantly highlight the importance of QHSE while closely monitoring its implementation. These efforts have enabled DEWA to attain the highest levels and to win several awards in recognition of its efforts," he added.
- Swiss ambassador tours Farnek's training centre
- Imdaad to use biofuel in waste collection vehicles
- 100+ nominations received for 2014 fmME Awards
- Tenon Property Services signs JV with KSA's Tanami
- Deyaar hosts orientation for new home owners
- DMCC launches Energy Club for energy professionals
- TRL scoops Green Mind award for Qatar project
- DM to build $7.35mn customer centre in Al-Karama
- UDC rewards contractor for environmental practices
- averda: cities need to reduce their waste streams