DEWA is 'more than just electricity and water'by CW Staff on Mar 1, 2012
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority held its fourth annual Health, Safety and the Environment conference at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai.
The conference featured a group of world experts, including Mohan Munasinghe, a Nobel Prize winner and Chairman of the Munasinghe Institute for Development who tackled the topic of climate change, sustainable energy, water and waste reduction.
"As part of its integrated management system policy, DEWA is also committed to the successful implementation of quality, health, safety and environmental management within its business of electricity and water production and transmission," said Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, MD and CEO of DEWA.
“These activities are also grounded in our responsibility to society, which is not limited just to the provision of electricity and water, but also includes maintaining the highest levels of safety and security in supporting resources sustainability."
Dr. Yousef Al Akraf, EVP of Business Support at DEWA, further stressed the importance of strict adherence to quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE) administrative systems, which focus mainly on the health and safety of human resources.
This will result in efficiency of production and operations, excellence in services delivered, and an increase of production through a healthy and safe workplace.
"DEWA implements integrated administrative systems, adheres strictly to the best criteria and practices related to QHSE,” said Dr. Al Akraf.
“At DEWA we also constantly highlight the importance of QHSE while closely monitoring its implementation. These efforts have enabled DEWA to attain the highest levels and to win several awards in recognition of its efforts," he added.
- UAE's FEWA to accept e-Dirham service fee payments
- University of Wollongong to expand Dubai campus
- UAE: Emrill promotes portfolio GM to ops director
- Cayan: Daredevil Russian model “breached security”
- Dubai Building Classification Project 50% complete
- Transguard and Gunnebo extend cash-management deal
- Duqm airport eyes operational commencement in 2018
- Dubai: 85% of existing buildings comply with laws
- Abu Dhabi Airports awards car park contract at MTC
- IFMA, RICS launch FM event for first time in Dubai