EC Harris, Mace in $113m Qatar infrastructure winby CW Staff on May 23, 2012
EC Harris and Mace have won a $113m contract for an infrastructure building project contract in Qatar.
Awarded by Ashghal, the JV will see the two appointed as programme management consultant, responsible for all the programme management activities required for planning, procurement, and management of the design, supervision, and construction contracts for a range of project types throughout Qatar.
These include educational facilities; healthcare facilities; ports and waterfront development; public tourism facilities; public sports and assembly facilities; parks and recreational facilities.
The JV will establish and deliver a comprehensive suite of fully integrated and functioning plans, systems, processes and procedures to deliver the programme, and to provide a consistent and best practice approach to managing projects.
Keith Brooks, head of property and social infrastructure at EC Harris, said: "We are delighted to have been selected by Ashghal to deliver this large-scale program of works.
"This represents a further example of how an integrated approach in partnership with a government organization, enables a faster and more sustainable delivery of ambitious nation building strategies."
Mark Reynolds, deputy CEO, Mace, said: "This appointment is a unique opportunity to facilitate the development of the public works landscape across Qatar, and we are thrilled to be part of the delivery team.
"The size and scope of the infrastructure project will provide the opportunity to demonstrate how collaboration and partnership can produce a scheme of innovation that places the country's society at the heart of the project," said Reynolds.
- Cofely Besix Mannai FM appoints new GM in Qatar
- Macro commences work on expanded role with Citrix
- Emrill nabs FM award from wasl properties
- Dubai: Ailing Falcon City of Wonders back on track
- Macro nabs five-year contract with global law firm
- Transguard Group appoints new managing director
- 5 minutes with Rons Enviro Care's Joseph John
- Flowfresh flooring selected for P&G facility
- Dhofar Global supplies Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
- Qatar Uni to research uses for date palm waste