2012 likely 'record year' in ME for Liebherrby CW Staff on May 30, 2012
2012 will very likely be a ‘record year’ for Liebherr in the Middle East, said Holger Amann, director of sales and service for Liebherr Middle East.
Amann said the company is looking forward to participating in Intermat Middle East in Abu Dhabi in October, following on from deals that were generated through last year’s show.
"We succeeded in two sales of mobile cranes to new customers in Abu Dhabi and Oman; customers that we have not known before. The two mobile cranes together had a volume of one million Euros," he said.
In October Liebherr will again look to make the most of the Abu Dhabi expo.
"This year we are going to exhibit a 100 ton telescopic crawler crane and a 5-axle mobile crane, since those are the most popular types in the region. Both models are not new to the market, but have a very good reputation. We will further exhibit 3 types of earthmoving equipment and maybe a mobile tower crane," said Amann.
Commenting on the company’s sales performance, Amann said that Liebherr has seen the results from improving stability in the real estate market in the UAE and elsewhere.
“Compared to 2009 and 2010, the economy has started to recover at the end of 2011. 2012 is very likely going to be a record year for our Middle East operation."
Amann further projected that business looks “rather stable and promising during 2013 and 2014”.
With countries in the Middle East increasingly focused on ecological factors in building,
Amann said that Liebherr is meeting this challenge for developing new construction machinery and products, stating that their main focus is to satisfy the needs and requirements of the different regions and countries with regards to design, technology, and exhaust emissions.
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- UAE: ALEC Energy wins 6.8MW solar plant contract
- Siemens presents metro train to Riyadh authority
- Saudi Arabia tests rail link from Riyadh to border
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part one: A-C
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part two: D-H
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part three: I-M
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part four: R-Z
- Ritchie Bros to auction 1,100 items in Sept, Dubai
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%