Qatar transport signs record 'bus'-ting Oman dealby CW Staff on Jul 23, 2012
Oman Investment Fund (OIF), the sovereign wealth fund of the sultanate, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Qatar’s national transport company Mowasalat to set up a bus manufacturing and assembly unit in Oman.
The scope of the MoU covers setting up a facility in Oman for the manufacture and assembly of buses and other vehicles over a site area of almost 100 hectares, reported the Qatar Tribune.
“Pursuing Mowasalat’s vision of being a regional leader, the company aims to expand its operations through new investment opportunities and partnerships that would help achieve the organisation’s mid-term and long-term objectives,” said a Mowasalat statement.
“This project will immensely benefit and meet with the emerging demand growth in the GCC and MENA region besides providing vast job opportunities in the region.
The proposed venture in Oman will be one of the largest of its kind in the whole of the Middle East.
- ADP highlights opportunities for Chinese market
- Cluttons appoints Murray Strang as its Dubai head
- Qatar to release construction code update in 2018
- Egypt's Arab Contractors to build $439m projects
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital
- India's L&T awarded 400kV Oman Electricity deal
- FRHI to open four new hotels in ME over next year
- Top 10 GCC job trends and forecasts for 2016
- Kuwait's Action Hotels open second Australia hotel
- Sharjah approves five pedestrian bridges' designs