Qatar transport signs record 'bus'-ting Oman dealby CW Staff on Jul 23, 2012
Oman Investment Fund (OIF), the sovereign wealth fund of the sultanate, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Qatar’s national transport company Mowasalat to set up a bus manufacturing and assembly unit in Oman.
The scope of the MoU covers setting up a facility in Oman for the manufacture and assembly of buses and other vehicles over a site area of almost 100 hectares, reported the Qatar Tribune.
“Pursuing Mowasalat’s vision of being a regional leader, the company aims to expand its operations through new investment opportunities and partnerships that would help achieve the organisation’s mid-term and long-term objectives,” said a Mowasalat statement.
“This project will immensely benefit and meet with the emerging demand growth in the GCC and MENA region besides providing vast job opportunities in the region.
The proposed venture in Oman will be one of the largest of its kind in the whole of the Middle East.
- Jaidah pens distribution deal with STILL in Qatar
- DSE secures $36m project wins in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- MEP Awards 2015: P&T lands Mechanical Project
- MEP Awards 2015: Arabian MEP in Sustainable prize
- RAK Ceramics posts 43% rise in Q3 2015 net profit
- UAE's Arkan posts 32% rise in 9M 2015 net profit
- Dubai emerges as a global hub: Knight Frank
- Eaton names new channels head for the Middle East
- DSI & du sign business communication agreement
- Bahrain to award $400m contract for gas terminal