Top 6 benefits of using LED lightingby Devina Divecha on Aug 27, 2012
LED lighting is growing in popularity within the industry, with proponents claiming that it is a more sustainable source.
So far, the only caveat to using this form of technology is the initial installation cost, which is higher than that of traditional forms of lighting.
However, this cost is said to be regained over its lifespan, and the fixtures are said to have many benefits.
The top six benefits of LED lighting are:
1. LED products are lead and mercury-free, which contribute to environmental sustainability.
2. These fixtures can last longer than incandescent lamps, of up to 50,000-70,000 hours.
3. Due to its long-lasting life, costs are saved also on maintenance and related issues since they don't have to be changed as frequently.
4. LED lights perform better than traditional alternatives in low temperatures, allowing for wider span of usage.
5. These lights have an extremely low UV and IR, which helps the environment.
6. One of the main benefits is energy saving; these lights consume less electricity than traditional forms of lighting.
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- Top 10 benefits of using FM for GCC buildings
- 'Saudi facilities management 5 years behind UAE'
- Qatar project opportunities worth $70bn
- Emaar's Downtown cultural quarter moves on site
- Top 6 benefits of using LED lighting
- Young FM award added to EFS' bag of wins
- Developers delaying handovers to buyers in Dubai
- Danube opens $13m showroom in Qatar