Makkah set to launch projects worth $267mby CW Staff on Oct 11, 2012
The Emir of Makkah, Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, is expected to announce the launch of over $267m (SAR 1bn) of projects in the region, according to Saudi Gazette.
The announcement is reported to take place at the Jeddah Islamic Port (JIP) where Al-Faisal will be carrying out an inspection.
At the site, the Prince is set to watch a presentation on the projects he will launch and is then scheduled to lay the foundation stone for one of the major projects planned, according to Abdulaziz Muhammad Al-Twaijri, President of the Saudi Ports Authority.
Further details of what the projects will entail are expected to be revealed when the announcement is made.
While at the port, the Prince will also receive the first batch of pilgrims arriving by sea for the Umrah and Haj pilgrimages.
- Pictures: Al Ain Wildlife Park use Birco drainage
- New racetrack in Dammam's centre gets green-light
- Oman urged to use solar for water desal projects
- Makkah Metro project forces demolition of schools
- KSA undertaking $40bn of green building projects
- Qatar project opportunities worth $70bn
- Qatar ranked second best infrastructure market
- Dropping oil prices will not affect Qatar
- Officials say projects will ease Qatar traffic
- Contractors seek leniency for delayed projects