Makkah set to launch projects worth $267mby CW Staff on Oct 11, 2012
The Emir of Makkah, Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, is expected to announce the launch of over $267m (SAR 1bn) of projects in the region, according to Saudi Gazette.
The announcement is reported to take place at the Jeddah Islamic Port (JIP) where Al-Faisal will be carrying out an inspection.
At the site, the Prince is set to watch a presentation on the projects he will launch and is then scheduled to lay the foundation stone for one of the major projects planned, according to Abdulaziz Muhammad Al-Twaijri, President of the Saudi Ports Authority.
Further details of what the projects will entail are expected to be revealed when the announcement is made.
While at the port, the Prince will also receive the first batch of pilgrims arriving by sea for the Umrah and Haj pilgrimages.
- Albaddad Capital expands facilities to meet demand
- Azizi hands over Azizi Orchid Residence to owners
- Hyundai to begin construction on Saudi shipyard
- HLG bags Al Mutahidah Towers construction contract
- Damac unveils Akoya Manarola villas in Al Qudra
- Nakheel completes Ibn Battuta Mall expansion
- IHG and RAK Properties resume hotel project in RAK
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Mall of Oman construction work to begin early 2017
- Nakheel to award Warsan Clubhouse contract in Jan