KBR wins huge power project at Jizan refineryon Nov 13, 2012
US-based engineering consultancy KBR has announced that it has been awarded an amended contract to carry out front-end engineering and design (FEED) for the world's biggest gasifier project for Saudi Aramco at its Jizan refinery and terminal.
Once complete, the Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle Project (IGCC) will convert residue gas into electricity for the refinery, as well as exporting around 2.4GW of power to the nearby Jizan Economic City.
The contract award follows KBR's recent FEED contract win for the Jizan refinery and terminal - a Saudi Aramco facility capable of refining 400,000 barrels of oil per day.
“KBR is pleased to support Saudi Aramco in the development of Jazan Refinery and Terminal Project and what is to become the largest IGCC complex in the world,” said David Zelinski, president of the company's downstream division.
“This contract represents our continued commitment to providing Saudi Aramco quality FEED services and is a testament of the quality of work we have already conducted in the region.”
- Qatar to build $32.1mn rubber recycling facility
- Six Construct JV wins $70.1mn Oman contract
- Four international bids in for KSA petchem plants
- Petrixo pumps $800mn into UAE biofuels refinery
- Larsen & Toubro wins $251.9mn Omani road contract
- Hilton to build hotel in Saudi region of Al Ahsa
- ETA Star wins $63.2mn Qatar hospital contract
- Bahrain developer awards deal for villa project
- Saudi Arabia to build ten mosques in the Maldives
- Saudi signs $69.3mn of deals for industrial cities