Video: Fire scours Tamweel Tower in Dubai's JLTby John Bambridge on Nov 18, 2012
A large fire broke out in the Tamweel Towers in Dubai in the early hours of the morning, causing residents to be evacuated. Officials have confirmed that there were no casualties.
According to eyewitnesses, burning debris was responsible for spreading the fire to different floors.
Members of the civil defense fire team present at the site explicitly blamed the flammable cladding on the building, which allowed the fire to spread rapidly up the building and set alight to the entire crown.
Three surrounding buildings were also evacuated, and residents milled below behind a security cordon.
Property developer Tamweel posted a statement on the Dubai Financial Market, thanking Dubai Civil Defense for containing the blaze and saying: "Our very highest priority is the safety and well-being of the residents."
According to Tamweel's website, the tower has 34 storeys, office and retail space, and 160 apartments.
To read the full story click here
- Saudi Aramco consider new industrial city project
- RAK Ceramics wins global business awards
- Adnoc: Reduced diesel price poses a challenge
- Saudi's Abu Qafrh turns to tech for HR development
- Petrofac awarded $780m Kuwait EPC project
- Saudi's equipment rental market set for 12% growth
- Construction underway at Istanbul's third airport
- RTA appoints Aurecon for further road development
- Egypt completes $92m water santitation projects
- 7 new business opportunities for Qatar SMEs