Video: Fire scours Tamweel Tower in Dubai's JLTby John Bambridge on Nov 18, 2012
A large fire broke out in the Tamweel Towers in Dubai in the early hours of the morning, causing residents to be evacuated. Officials have confirmed that there were no casualties.
According to eyewitnesses, burning debris was responsible for spreading the fire to different floors.
Members of the civil defense fire team present at the site explicitly blamed the flammable cladding on the building, which allowed the fire to spread rapidly up the building and set alight to the entire crown.
Three surrounding buildings were also evacuated, and residents milled below behind a security cordon.
Property developer Tamweel posted a statement on the Dubai Financial Market, thanking Dubai Civil Defense for containing the blaze and saying: "Our very highest priority is the safety and well-being of the residents."
According to Tamweel's website, the tower has 34 storeys, office and retail space, and 160 apartments.
To read the full story click here
- DSE secures $36m project wins in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- MEP Awards 2015: P&T lands Mechanical Project
- MEP Awards 2015: Arabian MEP in Sustainable prize
- RAK Ceramics posts 43% rise in Q3 2015 net profit
- UAE's Arkan posts 32% rise in 9M 2015 net profit
- Dubai emerges as a global hub: Knight Frank
- Eaton names new channels head for the Middle East
- DSI & du sign business communication agreement
- Bahrain to award $400m contract for gas terminal
- India's Gemini Energy forays into UAE real estate