Video: Fire scours Tamweel Tower in Dubai's JLTby John Bambridge on Nov 18, 2012
A large fire broke out in the Tamweel Towers in Dubai in the early hours of the morning, causing residents to be evacuated. Officials have confirmed that there were no casualties.
According to eyewitnesses, burning debris was responsible for spreading the fire to different floors.
Members of the civil defense fire team present at the site explicitly blamed the flammable cladding on the building, which allowed the fire to spread rapidly up the building and set alight to the entire crown.
Three surrounding buildings were also evacuated, and residents milled below behind a security cordon.
Property developer Tamweel posted a statement on the Dubai Financial Market, thanking Dubai Civil Defense for containing the blaze and saying: "Our very highest priority is the safety and well-being of the residents."
According to Tamweel's website, the tower has 34 storeys, office and retail space, and 160 apartments.
To read the full story click here
- Union Properties profits drop 51% in 2016
- Rezidor signs contract for two new hotels in Dubai
- Sobha offers discount on DLD fees for Emiratis
- ADFD loans Sudan $90m to build hydroelectric plant
- SSH awarded Marassi Boulevard project in Bahrain
- UAE: Nakheel reports annual net profits of $1.35bn
- Qatar to be in IMD World Competitiveness Report
- CMCS launches project management office training
- Iran: 20 firefighers dead after high-rise collapse
- Macro wins international SCB contract