Terex launches new Superlift 650t crawler craneby CW Staff on Nov 19, 2012
Terex Cranes has announced the launched of its 3800 Superlift, a lattice boom crawler crane with a 650 tonne lift capacity.
The 3800 is the successor to the CC 2800-1 Superlift, and Terex says the crane has big boots to fill.
“This is a very important launch for Terex. Improving on an already great crane, we created a completely new one by leveraging our customer driven innovation process which combines our experience with a focus on solving the needs of the customer,” said Kevin Bradley, president Terex Cranes.
Calling the crane 'the new class leader', Bradley said that every single aspect of the Superlift 3800 has been improved in relation to its predecessor:
"From performance to safety features and from transportation to efficiency and speed of erection. The result is a crane that is built for the way our customers work, to lift their heaviest loads as well as help their profits," he said.
Terex consulted extensively with customers using the CC 2800-1 for the development of the new Superlift, and a number of features were improved, as well as new features added.
Performance capacities have been improved by around 20% overall in comparison to the predecessor. Transportation has also been made easier, as the weight of the basic machine has been reduced by 17 tonnes.
Erection of wind turbines is also catered for, and the Superlift 3800 can be delivered with an integrated wind kit in a universal main boom system: the crane is capable of erecting wind turbines of 117m without using the the available superlift boom configuration. An assist crane is not required to help erect the main boom.
- Five minutes with: Mahmoud Turkieh
- Omeir Bin Youssef and Discover Energy join forces
- Force Australia orders 40 Skyjack vertical masts
- Terex MPS unveils MJ47 jaw crusher module
- Grove unit works on governmental building in Guam
- Telescopic Liebherr shows off mining capabilities
- A-MAP launches 'beat the heat' campaign in the UAE
- Tata has sold 7,000 vehicles in the UAE this year
- 24 hours with: Keith Lupton
- SDLG hosts VIPs at AFC Champions League game