Eastern Province buys out Spanish precast partneron Dec 3, 2012
Eastern Province Cement Co has announced that it has bought out the 50% share of the precast concrete business which had been owned by its Spanish business partner.
The company said that it paid $14.66m (SR: 55m) for the stake, which it is funding from its own cash resources. Legal work to complete the deal and make it a wholly-owned subsidiary are ongoing.
Saudi Briansa produces precast concrete products used in buildings, bridges and tunnels.
Eastern Province Cement Co is based in Dammam. Its three biggest shareholders are the Public Pension Agency (10.6%),
General Organization for Social Insurance (10%) and the Public Investment Fund (10%).
- GCC investors eyeing up overseas properties
- Experts: IPMS to build a sustainable Dubai market
- SEC to implement $1.93bn worth of projects
- Mystery surrounds Burj Khalifa major event
- Qatar consultants and contractors must collaborate
- Giant Doha shopping trolley to be pulled down
- Deal to supply water taxis to The World GB island
- Passengers on Dubai Metro up in Q1
- World Bank and DSCE to build green framework
- Companies offer $200,000 desalination competition