Eastern Province buys out Spanish precast partneron Dec 3, 2012
Eastern Province Cement Co has announced that it has bought out the 50% share of the precast concrete business which had been owned by its Spanish business partner.
The company said that it paid $14.66m (SR: 55m) for the stake, which it is funding from its own cash resources. Legal work to complete the deal and make it a wholly-owned subsidiary are ongoing.
Saudi Briansa produces precast concrete products used in buildings, bridges and tunnels.
Eastern Province Cement Co is based in Dammam. Its three biggest shareholders are the Public Pension Agency (10.6%),
General Organization for Social Insurance (10%) and the Public Investment Fund (10%).
- ISG Middle East wins $37mn Abu Dhabi projects
- Dubai's RTA awards $27.2mn deal for internal roads
- $299mn smart city project launched in Dubai
- $32mn Bahrain car park on schedule
- Iconic Qatar hotel to shut door for eight months
- Shams 1 in Dubai ready to hit the market
- Paramount eyes Abu Dhabi, Muscat and Doha moves
- Big 5 Saudi opens its doors
- Eco-friendly mosque in Dubai is 85% complete
- Alstom Grid president expects a 'smart' Dubai soon