Eastern Province buys out Spanish precast partneron Dec 3, 2012
Eastern Province Cement Co has announced that it has bought out the 50% share of the precast concrete business which had been owned by its Spanish business partner.
The company said that it paid $14.66m (SR: 55m) for the stake, which it is funding from its own cash resources. Legal work to complete the deal and make it a wholly-owned subsidiary are ongoing.
Saudi Briansa produces precast concrete products used in buildings, bridges and tunnels.
Eastern Province Cement Co is based in Dammam. Its three biggest shareholders are the Public Pension Agency (10.6%),
General Organization for Social Insurance (10%) and the Public Investment Fund (10%).
- Steeled for opposition at Project Qatar
- Project Qatar showcases fire-redardant concrete
- Hoists on the up and up
- Dextrous offering for civils at Project Qatar
- Kier to acquire Mouchel for $404m
- Not just a pretty on show
- Not just a pretty facade
- Switchgear supplier wins $10.9m of contracts
- Meraas to launch Bulgari-branded homes
- Wartsila to build two new Oman power plants