Home / SUSTAINABILITY / Gulf Extrusions wins environmental award
Gulf Extrusions wins environmental awardon Dec 12, 2012
Gulf Extrusions has won an award for environmental performance from the Gulf Aluminium Council.
The company, which owns one of the biggest aluminium extrusion plants in the GCC, picked up the award for downstream aluminium company of the year during a recent ceremony at the Arabal aluminium trade show in Doha, Qatar.
General manager Modar Al Mekdad said: “We strongly believe that environmental excellence remains a crucial factor in achieving sustainable growth and long-term success.
"Over the years, Gulf Extrusions has therefore aggressively invested in environmental systems while continuing to adopt and expand key environmental practices such as the use of green aluminium billet for extrusion, production optimization, regular evaluation of CO2 emissions from the extrusion process, and Environmental Product Declaration (EDP) of extruded products, among many others.
"The distinction from the GAC Environmental Awards 2012 certainly reaffirms the success of our environmental strategy. It likewise inspires us even more to achieve greater heights in promoting green aluminium extrusion as a cornerstone of sustainable development.”
Gulf Extrusions is part of the Al Ghurair Group and produces aluminum extruded profiles ranging from architectural sections to components for air conditioning grills, furniture, marine applications, transportation, automotive, and customized products.
- Hawksbill turtles hatch near Saadiyat Public Beach
- Qatar unveils new sustainable mosque designs
- DP World signs carbon reduction agreement
- Tabreed, Masdar research energy-efficient cooling
- Taqa trials solar-powered aircon system
- Gulf Extrusions wins environmental award
- Dubai launches Emirates Energy Award for 2012-2013
- Alstom wins 'growth strategy excellence' award
- "Don't Walk By" initiative held by AFC and Mapei
- Abu Dhabi issues resolution in emission crack down