Al Hassan Abu Dhabi pipework contract extendedon Jan 3, 2013
Omani contractor Al Hassan Engineering has said that its Abu Dhabi-based subsidiary has received an amendment which has more than doubled the value of an existing pipework contract.
The company said that it has received an order for additional work from Samsung Engineering with a value of $9.81m. The value of its original contract was $8m, bringing the total work it has been awarded up to $17.83m.
The firm said that it expects "reasonable income" from the amended agreement.
Al Hassan announced its initial deal with Samsung Engineering in September.
It covers pipework erection and scaffolding work carried out under package four of the $10bn Shah gas field project being developed for Abu Dhabi Gas Development Co - a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
Samsung is one of several contractors working on the field alongside Saipem of Italy, Technicas Reunidas of Spain and Punj Lloyd of India.
- DSE secures $36m project wins in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- MEP Awards 2015: P&T lands Mechanical Project
- MEP Awards 2015: Arabian MEP in Sustainable prize
- Doosan Babcock scoops GASCO maintenance contracts
- RAK Ceramics posts 43% rise in Q3 2015 net profit
- UAE's Arkan posts 32% rise in 9M 2015 net profit
- Oman's oil and gas labour union threatens strike
- Dubai emerges as a global hub: Knight Frank
- Eaton names new channels head for the Middle East
- DSI & du sign business communication agreement