Al Hassan Abu Dhabi pipework contract extendedon Jan 3, 2013
Omani contractor Al Hassan Engineering has said that its Abu Dhabi-based subsidiary has received an amendment which has more than doubled the value of an existing pipework contract.
The company said that it has received an order for additional work from Samsung Engineering with a value of $9.81m. The value of its original contract was $8m, bringing the total work it has been awarded up to $17.83m.
The firm said that it expects "reasonable income" from the amended agreement.
Al Hassan announced its initial deal with Samsung Engineering in September.
It covers pipework erection and scaffolding work carried out under package four of the $10bn Shah gas field project being developed for Abu Dhabi Gas Development Co - a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
Samsung is one of several contractors working on the field alongside Saipem of Italy, Technicas Reunidas of Spain and Punj Lloyd of India.
- Qatar to release construction code update in 2018
- Egypt's Arab Contractors to build $439m projects
- Cluttons: Sharjah rents to decline further in 2016
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital
- Siemens signs MoU with Iraq for energy sector
- India's L&T awarded 400kV Oman Electricity deal
- FRHI to open four new hotels in ME over next year
- Top 10 GCC job trends and forecasts for 2016
- F+G: Qatar’s economic outlook positive in 2016-17
- Kuwait's Action Hotels open second Australia hotel