Al Hassan Abu Dhabi pipework contract extendedon Jan 3, 2013
Omani contractor Al Hassan Engineering has said that its Abu Dhabi-based subsidiary has received an amendment which has more than doubled the value of an existing pipework contract.
The company said that it has received an order for additional work from Samsung Engineering with a value of $9.81m. The value of its original contract was $8m, bringing the total work it has been awarded up to $17.83m.
The firm said that it expects "reasonable income" from the amended agreement.
Al Hassan announced its initial deal with Samsung Engineering in September.
It covers pipework erection and scaffolding work carried out under package four of the $10bn Shah gas field project being developed for Abu Dhabi Gas Development Co - a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
Samsung is one of several contractors working on the field alongside Saipem of Italy, Technicas Reunidas of Spain and Punj Lloyd of India.
- Dubai property prices dropped in past three months
- Doha tower sells for record $134.5mn
- Qatar airport expansion plans revealed
- The Pearl-Qatar welcomes new retailers
- Construction Week Qatar Awards 2014 winners
- Qatar infra projects get $140bn investment
- 5.2% growth in salaries for Qatar: 2015 forecast
- CWQ Awards 2014 to bring together 'big players'
- Deyaar: Record increase in net profits for Q2 2014
- QD-CPC announces new business division