Al Hassan Abu Dhabi pipework contract extendedon Jan 3, 2013
Omani contractor Al Hassan Engineering has said that its Abu Dhabi-based subsidiary has received an amendment which has more than doubled the value of an existing pipework contract.
The company said that it has received an order for additional work from Samsung Engineering with a value of $9.81m. The value of its original contract was $8m, bringing the total work it has been awarded up to $17.83m.
The firm said that it expects "reasonable income" from the amended agreement.
Al Hassan announced its initial deal with Samsung Engineering in September.
It covers pipework erection and scaffolding work carried out under package four of the $10bn Shah gas field project being developed for Abu Dhabi Gas Development Co - a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
Samsung is one of several contractors working on the field alongside Saipem of Italy, Technicas Reunidas of Spain and Punj Lloyd of India.
- Sohar Industrial's $51m Phase 7 works 30% complete
- Penspen, Dar Al Handasah win Kuwait pipeline deal
- Kalmar to supply tractors to Khalifa Port Terminal
- Levitating pods to revolutionise UAE transport
- Two-for-one offer on CW digital subscriptions
- Dubai Industrial Strategy to add $45bn to economy
- KBW brings Ascorel technologies to the region
- Kuwait's Al Hamra Tower team honours AESG
- CWOnline.com passes one-million page views in May
- UAE: Majid Al Futtaim to invest $13bn by 2026