Al Hassan Abu Dhabi pipework contract extendedon Jan 3, 2013
Omani contractor Al Hassan Engineering has said that its Abu Dhabi-based subsidiary has received an amendment which has more than doubled the value of an existing pipework contract.
The company said that it has received an order for additional work from Samsung Engineering with a value of $9.81m. The value of its original contract was $8m, bringing the total work it has been awarded up to $17.83m.
The firm said that it expects "reasonable income" from the amended agreement.
Al Hassan announced its initial deal with Samsung Engineering in September.
It covers pipework erection and scaffolding work carried out under package four of the $10bn Shah gas field project being developed for Abu Dhabi Gas Development Co - a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
Samsung is one of several contractors working on the field alongside Saipem of Italy, Technicas Reunidas of Spain and Punj Lloyd of India.
- Cat dealer secures $700m funding, cites ME growth
- Michael Jackson's family in talks for UAE hotel
- Construction of second UAE nuclear plant begins
- India's Amity to launch $54.5m campus in Abu Dhabi
- Burt Hill JV wins drug addict rehab design deal
- Problems at UK arm hits Balfour Beatty's profits
- MMG begins arbitration with Petrofac over debts
- Dubai duo mop up more business at WETEX event
- Drake & Scull wins $49m Qatar MEP contract
- MBR city will take ten years, says Nakheel CEO