Al Hassan Abu Dhabi pipework contract extendedon Jan 3, 2013
Omani contractor Al Hassan Engineering has said that its Abu Dhabi-based subsidiary has received an amendment which has more than doubled the value of an existing pipework contract.
The company said that it has received an order for additional work from Samsung Engineering with a value of $9.81m. The value of its original contract was $8m, bringing the total work it has been awarded up to $17.83m.
The firm said that it expects "reasonable income" from the amended agreement.
Al Hassan announced its initial deal with Samsung Engineering in September.
It covers pipework erection and scaffolding work carried out under package four of the $10bn Shah gas field project being developed for Abu Dhabi Gas Development Co - a subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
Samsung is one of several contractors working on the field alongside Saipem of Italy, Technicas Reunidas of Spain and Punj Lloyd of India.
- Saudi Arabia: McDermott appoints general manager
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- DEWA signs MoU with Électricité de France
- Saudi Aramco extends SNC-Lavalin’s GES+ contract
- Dhofar Global expects 50% growth in GCC this year
- Jafza introduces changes for easier business
- Etihad ESCO retrofits over 2,000 buildings in 2016
- Qatar's Hamad Airport awarded ‘5-star’ by Skytrax
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Saudi: Al Khodari wins $18.4m maintenance contract