Mace welcomes David Philp as head of BIMon Jan 3, 2013
David Philp will join consultancy firm Mace as head of building information modelling (BIM) on 28 January after leaving Balfour Beatty.
He will be responsible for developing Mace’s develop design strategy and integrated BIM service.
Philp is also head of BIM implementation at the UK Government’s Cabinet Office where he is responsible for the mobilisation and implementation of Level Two BIM across central government’s property portfolio.
In the Middle East, Mace is currently managing the construction and delivery of Bahrain's $650m Villamar residential and commercial project, which has been beset by delays due to the 2008 global financial crisis and political unrest.
Mace already implements the BIM approach through the property lifecycle, from concept, design, detail design, construction and post completion across more than 30% of projects. It now has a three year plan to ensure that the BIM approach is implemented on 50% of projects.
Philp said: “Mace has a reputation for innovation and has the opportunity to be a leader in BIM. The company has a very strong purpose and vision for what it wants to achieve and how it wants to integrate BIM at all stages of the property lifecycle. This is an exciting move for me.”
Phil Brown, director for preconstruction, engineering and design, at Mace, said: “We are delighted to have David on board; he is a leader in BIM integration and his ideas align with what we want to achieve. I look forward to working with him to develop the BIM service within Mace and deliver innovative integrated solutions for our clients.”
- Bahrain needs $795m to complete stalled projects
- Designer picked for $1bn Bahrain Airport interiors
- Aldar's Abu Dhabi residential projects on track
- Saudi: $122bn worth of projects ongoing in Riyadh
- Krantz air outlets picked for Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Qatar Rail unveils Doha Metro, Lusail Tram designs
- 'Abu Dhabi project completions at 10-year low'
- FRHI to open four new hotels in ME over next year
- Tunnelling complete at Doha Metro 41km Red Line
- UAE: Akar completes landscaping at Palm Oasis Park