Home / My career ... Khalid Choksy
My career ... Khalid Choksyby CW Guest Columnist on Jan 18, 2013
How did you get into the OA industry and what attracted you to it?
I was introduced to the OA industry through our project consultancy firm which was initially providing OA consultancy services as per the JOP Law.
I thoroughly enjoy the OA business and strongly believe OA management is not just a real estate function but is for the well-being of the community. In addition, we have over 35 years of related experience on an international platform and have also won prestigious awards for our clients in this business.
What were you doing before this?
I am a chartered accountant from the UK and was working for the largest audit and assurance firm in the world, as a senior auditor. I was responsible for managing multiple audits, due diligences and projects within agreed budgets and to strict deadlines.
Best thing about the OA industry?
The OA industry plays a very important and significant role in the real estate sector. Its purpose is to protect, maintain and enhance the value of the building asset.
The OA has the power to enter into supply agreements and decide how the community should be managed which has positive implications on the real estate market.
It is a dynamic industry which involves lot of innovation and challenges, which keeps it exciting. There is also a huge market potential for this industry since there are many completed and upcoming buildings in the region.
Advice for a young person starting out in the OA industry?
Have a strong passion to serve the best interests of the community. Be an excellent communicator, team player and a strategist to add value for each community. Be patient, use empathy and have a thick skin for the OA business.
- Belzona tackles repairs at Saudi Aramco Airport
- Qatar: SPIE wins contract at QP seawater facility
- Transguard cleaner awarded for returning lost cash
- RICS: Global push to reduce assets and space
- Cofely Besix FM launches 'zero carbon' call centre
- GCC's FM underdeveloped but gaining momentum
- Farnek partners with Exeo for time attendance app
- US: Riptide unveils automated building strategy
- USGBC to release report on Green Building trends
- US: Duct leakage a main contributor in energy loss