TDIC launches 17ha Saadiyat Island retail projectby CW Staff on Jan 21, 2013
Abu Dhabi’s Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC), has announced a joint venture partnership with L Real Estate to develop ‘The District’ in Saadiyat island’s Cultural District, a retail complex sponsored by Louis Vuitton - Moët Hennessy.
The development will cover an area on the island of 168,000m2, while the structure will comprise three levels, all above ground. The gross floor area of the project will be 258,000m2 and the total built up area 370,000m2, delivering 168,000m2 of leasable space and 550 plus units.
The project, which will be equipped with one of the largest planned outdoor high-street’s in the region, is being centrally positioned within the cultural district to interlink all three of Saadiyat’ three upcoming museums.
HE Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, TDIC chairman, said: “TDIC’s iconic cultural institutions, upscale residential communities and distinctive leisure facilities, is truly reflective of Abu Dhabi’s wider economic strategy of transforming the emirate into a vibrant international destination.
“This new retail destination ideally sits among Saadiyat’s inspiring museums, and will be a sought-after location for Abu Dhabi’s communities and visitors when it opens by 2017.”
The detailed design work for the project will start in 2013, while construction is due to commence in 2014, with completion expected in 2017, to coincide with the opening of the Guggenheim museum.
- Dubai: Ailing Falcon City of Wonders back on track
- Qatar Uni to research uses for date palm waste
- 'GCC portable power to steadily grow in 2016'
- GFH begins work on $150m Harbour Row in Bahrain
- Construction begins on $1bn Reem Mall in UAE
- Danube opens 452 units at affordable Ritz project
- Al Khodari: '$84m Saudi university deal unsigned'
- Barakah Nuclear Plant Unit 2 ‘almost 60% complete’
- Dewa endorses Acwa and Harbin Electric cooperation
- DSE secures $36m project wins in Dubai & Abu Dhabi