Bawabat Al Sharq second phase 64% completeby CW Staff on Jan 22, 2013
Phase II of Bawabat Al Sharq villas, the $816.8m (AED 3bn) mixed-use development in Abu Dhabi's Bani Yas area, is 64% complete – according to Baniyas Investment and Development Company (BIDC), the investment arm of the Baniyas Sports Club.
BIDC aims to deliver the villas to clients in June 2013 and said the project contractor, Royal International Construction LLC, is on track to meet this deadline.
Commenting on the progress, BIDC CEO Subhi Benkhadra said: “Bawabat Al Sharq reflects our commitment to provide our clients with a world-class master community in a city which is rich in heritage and culture. We are happy to see that the works of our Phase II villas are progressing as per schedule and we are looking forward to hosting a vibrant community at Bawabat Al Sharq once our clients move into their units next June.”
Eng. Mohamed Eid, BIDC chief of operations, added: “Technically speaking, we have already completed the concrete works in all 129 villas and we are currently working on the interior finishing which have reached 55% in completion. On the other hand, the infrastructure works at the project are also progressing according to our plan, with Al Jaber Group having completed 70% of the works.”
Bawabat Al Sharq comprises residential, retail, entertainment and sporting facilities, with a mix of apartments, villas, health care facilities, and an international school. The development also contains a FIFA standard football stadium with a seating capacity of more than 20,000 spectators, as well as the 110-shop Bawabat Al Sharq Mall which is already complete and operating.
- Dubai: Ailing Falcon City of Wonders back on track
- Qatar Uni to research uses for date palm waste
- 'GCC portable power to steadily grow in 2016'
- GFH begins work on $150m Harbour Row in Bahrain
- Construction begins on $1bn Reem Mall in UAE
- Danube opens 452 units at affordable Ritz project
- Al Khodari: '$84m Saudi university deal unsigned'
- Barakah Nuclear Plant Unit 2 ‘almost 60% complete’
- Dewa endorses Acwa and Harbin Electric cooperation
- DSE secures $36m project wins in Dubai & Abu Dhabi