Bawabat Al Sharq second phase 64% completeby CW Staff on Jan 22, 2013
Phase II of Bawabat Al Sharq villas, the $816.8m (AED 3bn) mixed-use development in Abu Dhabi's Bani Yas area, is 64% complete – according to Baniyas Investment and Development Company (BIDC), the investment arm of the Baniyas Sports Club.
BIDC aims to deliver the villas to clients in June 2013 and said the project contractor, Royal International Construction LLC, is on track to meet this deadline.
Commenting on the progress, BIDC CEO Subhi Benkhadra said: “Bawabat Al Sharq reflects our commitment to provide our clients with a world-class master community in a city which is rich in heritage and culture. We are happy to see that the works of our Phase II villas are progressing as per schedule and we are looking forward to hosting a vibrant community at Bawabat Al Sharq once our clients move into their units next June.”
Eng. Mohamed Eid, BIDC chief of operations, added: “Technically speaking, we have already completed the concrete works in all 129 villas and we are currently working on the interior finishing which have reached 55% in completion. On the other hand, the infrastructure works at the project are also progressing according to our plan, with Al Jaber Group having completed 70% of the works.”
Bawabat Al Sharq comprises residential, retail, entertainment and sporting facilities, with a mix of apartments, villas, health care facilities, and an international school. The development also contains a FIFA standard football stadium with a seating capacity of more than 20,000 spectators, as well as the 110-shop Bawabat Al Sharq Mall which is already complete and operating.
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- Bahrain: Alba hands power station deal to Siemens
- RTA to reopen Marina roads along Dubai Tram
- Dubai: IMG Worlds of Adventure's launch delayed
- KBW confirms two infrastructure projects in Jordan
- Sohar Industrial's $51m Phase 7 works 30% complete
- Abu Dhabi approves projects worth $148m in emirate
- Dubai Ruler oversees DEWA-Masdar solar park MOU
- Emaar awards Dubai Hills PM contract to EllisDon
- Company formed to manage UAE Barakah nuclear units