Speaker line-up set for CW Infrastructure Jeddahon Jan 26, 2013
The speaker line-up for Construction Week's annual Infrastructure Jeddah conference has been confirmed.
Taking place on 20 March at the Park Hyatt, Jeddah, this year's event will feature a keynote presentation by Dr. Abdulgader Othman Amir, vice mayor for strategic planning and chief planner, Jeddah Municipality.
Othman will give a presentation on how to unlock the hidden potential of regenerating slum areas of Jeddah.
Other speakers confirmed include Ulrich Bott, senior legal expert and real estate law specialist, National Housing Strategy Project (KSA). Bott will forecast the types of residential developments that will be in demand and discuss the necessary incentives needed to attract private developers.
Another highlight is a case study by Roger Nickells, the regional managing director of Buro Happold, who will speak on the design of the Haramain high speed rail project.
Nickells' focus will be on designing and delivering the iconic train stations with space performance design that take Islamic architectural traditions into account while maximising operational efficiency of buildings.
For more information on CW Infrastructure Jeddah, click here
A full list of speakers appears below:
Wael Allan, Hyder Consulting
Ulrich Bott, senior legal expert and real estate law specialist , National Housing Strategy Project (KSA)
Hani Kayal, founder and managing partner, KB Holding
Mohamed Chaudhry, country director, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Donald Bordui, principal, Saudi Diyar
Mick Dalton, regional managing director, Transwestern
Geoffrey Gosden, head of infrastructure, KEO
Steven Miller, senior vice president, Al Shapoorji
Louis Durand-Viel, development manager, AccorKirk Rosenbaum, senior commissioning manager, KEO
- Saudi Aramco consider new industrial city project
- RAK Ceramics wins global business awards
- Adnoc: Reduced diesel price poses a challenge
- Saudi's Abu Qafrh turns to tech for HR development
- Petrofac awarded $780m Kuwait EPC project
- Saudi's equipment rental market set for 12% growth
- Construction underway at Istanbul's third airport
- RTA appoints Aurecon for further road development
- Egypt completes $92m water santitation projects
- 7 new business opportunities for Qatar SMEs