Construction worker dies in Oman fireon Jan 24, 2013
An Indian construction worker has died in a fire at a labour camp in Oman.
Sohan Nishad, who worked as a watchman, died in at the camp, which was largely made of wood, after fire broke out on Tuesday at around 9am.
The camp housed around 35 people who were all working for United Golden Construction. A company employee told Muscat Daily that Nishad was sleeping when the fire started after finishing the night shift.
"He did not respond to repeated calls on his cellphone. The civil defence team found his charred body after the blaze was brought under control.”
Many of the other workers on the site also lost money and documents as a result of the fire. The cause of the blaze has not yet been identified.
- India: Glitch in recruitment software delays visas
- Oman Rail project likely to employ 15,000 locals
- One dies in accident at construction site in Oman
- Majid Al Futtaim: Mall of Oman to offer 5,000 jobs
- Oman: 57,000 expat workers abscond in H1 2015
- Saudi's Abu Qafrh turns to tech for HR development
- Oman to lose 14,254 expat workers in July 2015
- Aecom Oman office relocated to a new location
- Oman's Sohar Port to get $250m sugar refinery
- HSE: Communication is king