Construction worker dies in Oman fireon Jan 24, 2013
An Indian construction worker has died in a fire at a labour camp in Oman.
Sohan Nishad, who worked as a watchman, died in at the camp, which was largely made of wood, after fire broke out on Tuesday at around 9am.
The camp housed around 35 people who were all working for United Golden Construction. A company employee told Muscat Daily that Nishad was sleeping when the fire started after finishing the night shift.
"He did not respond to repeated calls on his cellphone. The civil defence team found his charred body after the blaze was brought under control.”
Many of the other workers on the site also lost money and documents as a result of the fire. The cause of the blaze has not yet been identified.
- Orpic invites bids for flare gas recovery project
- Aurecon makes senior hires in Middle East and Asia
- Number of expats in Oman construction revealed
- Muscat Int'l Airport passenger terminal 91% built
- India's L&T awarded 400kV Oman Electricity deal
- Top 10 GCC job trends and forecasts for 2016
- GCC construction pay rises up by 6.1% in 2015
- Oman oil bids could need nationalisation clause
- Qatar Uni to research uses for date palm waste
- Dressta appoints sales manager for MEA region