Construction worker dies in Oman fireon Jan 24, 2013
An Indian construction worker has died in a fire at a labour camp in Oman.
Sohan Nishad, who worked as a watchman, died in at the camp, which was largely made of wood, after fire broke out on Tuesday at around 9am.
The camp housed around 35 people who were all working for United Golden Construction. A company employee told Muscat Daily that Nishad was sleeping when the fire started after finishing the night shift.
"He did not respond to repeated calls on his cellphone. The civil defence team found his charred body after the blaze was brought under control.”
Many of the other workers on the site also lost money and documents as a result of the fire. The cause of the blaze has not yet been identified.
- Oman turns to temporary power plant to meet demand
- CW Awards Oman: Richard Lisker PM award winner
- Four new Oman stadium projects tendered
- Contractors seek refund for Oman minimum wage hike
- Construction worker dies in Oman fire
- Oman looks to construction for jobs growth
- Empower sees 17% rise in staff numbers since 2010
- US-Omani piping joint venture bags MENA contracts
- Work begins on retail centre at The Wave
- CWQ Awards: Andrew Darlington wins engineer prize