Combined Group wins $21m Abu Dhabi palace dealon Jan 27, 2013
Kuwaiti contractor Combined Group Contracting Co has won a $21m (AED: 77m) tender for a significant project in Abu Dhabi.
The company said that it has landed a contract to carry out ground work, roads and pavements by the Executive Committee for the Presidential Palace Project.
The Presidential Palace Project is being built by Athens-based contractor CCC. It is set on a 150-hectare site in Abu Dhabi with a 160,000m2 palace as its centrepiece.
RW Armstrong is project manager for the palace scheme, which also includes 23,000m2 of ancillary buildings including a public majils, a mosque and accommodation for staff and military personnel.
CCC was awarded the contract to build the palace in August 2010.
- Carillion gives up on Balfour Beatty merger
- Arcadis to acquire Callison
- Al Hassan wins $68mn Sohar refinery contract
- Bahrain sees 40% growth in construction sector
- Carrefour to open in refurbished BurJuman mall
- Nakheel pays back entire $2.15bn bank debt
- Topaz lands $75mn from private equity backers
- Balfour Beatty rejects new Carillion approach
- Contromet and Santech form joint venture
- Local buyers spend $5.2bn on Dubai property