Combined Group wins $21m Abu Dhabi palace dealon Jan 27, 2013
Kuwaiti contractor Combined Group Contracting Co has won a $21m (AED: 77m) tender for a significant project in Abu Dhabi.
The company said that it has landed a contract to carry out ground work, roads and pavements by the Executive Committee for the Presidential Palace Project.
The Presidential Palace Project is being built by Athens-based contractor CCC. It is set on a 150-hectare site in Abu Dhabi with a 160,000m2 palace as its centrepiece.
RW Armstrong is project manager for the palace scheme, which also includes 23,000m2 of ancillary buildings including a public majils, a mosque and accommodation for staff and military personnel.
CCC was awarded the contract to build the palace in August 2010.
- Almost 35% of New Port Project complete
- New York construction worker awarded $62mn
- DP World says shareholders back $2.6bn EZW buy
- Dubai's Drake and Scull mulls share buyback
- Dubai-owned Las Vegas casino settles $500m lawsuit
- UAE markets soar on stronger oil
- Public insult of Qatar flag to carry jail sentence
- Sheikh Mohammed launches Dubai Plan 2021
- Qatar risks losing World Cup without job reform
- Slumping oil won't derail $500bn Gulf infra plan