Bee'ah and Suez Environnement sign waste agreementby CW Staff on Mar 17, 2013
Waste management firm Bee'ah and Suez Environnement, through its subsidiary SITA have entered into a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) to bring to the UAE best waste management practices.
The two waste management operators agreed to work together to close the loop of waste recycling in Sharjah through establishment of recycling facilities for plastics and wood, e-waste, as well as working jointly to better waste collection, fleet management, and waste treatment in the country.
HE Salim Al Owais, chairman of Bee'ah, said: "This agreement brings Bee'ah one step closer to its goal for Sharjah to attain zero-waste to landfill by 2015. Our collaboration with Suez Environnement in waste management will help us bring some of the best European waste management practices and environmental technologies to the UAE."
The agreement was signed by HE Al Owais and Dominique Mangin D'Ouince, chairman & CEO of Central Europe, Mediterranean & Middle-East at Suez Environnement during a Bee'ah delegation visit to France at the Suez Environnement headquarters in Paris.
Jean-Louis Chaussade, CEO of Suez Environnement said: "This partnership provides significant growth opportunities for Suez Environnement. As our partner, Bee'ah brings significant waste management strengths and will enable us to expand our reach throughout the UAE."
Bee'ah and Suez Environnement will exchange information and international best practices in waste management strategies, improve waste treatment and recycling methods.
- DSOA deploys drones for security surveillance
- MMG Holdings picks up two FM contracts
- Al Shirawi FM wins contract for Windsor Manor
- DSI-Aconex eye BIM with MENA-driven agreement
- 2nd Robotic Technology Exhibition set to kick off
- Khidmah secures IFM contract with Saudi Aramco
- Egypt teenager makes breakthrough in biofuel
- UAE's Empower announces $53m prepaid installments
- 3D printing to impact construction in Saudi Arabia
- MiX Telematics pushes fleet management services