Wyndham Hotel group to open first UAE propertyon May 7, 2013
Wyndham Hotel Group has said that it is going to open its first Wyndham Hotel in the UAE at Dubai Marina.
The company said that it has signed a deal with a subsidiary of British property development firm The First Group known as Sigma III Ltd.
The hotel will be based in The First Group's new 33-storey building currently under construction in Dubai Marina. Wyndham Hotels Group, whose brands include the Days Inn and Ramada chains, said it would be branded as the Wyndham Dubai Marina.
It will contain 497 guesst rooms, over half (251) of which will be suites. It will also house 6,800 ft2 of food and beverage outlets as wel asa coffee shop, an executive lounge and a bar.
Thhere wil also be meetings and conference space, and almost 2,500ft2 of spa and leisure facilities including a gym and outdoor pool with a pool bar.
"We're very excited to be bringing our namesake Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand to Dubai, following its successful introduction to the region through the spectacular Wyndham Grand Regency Doha," said Wyndham's EMEA senior vice-president, Rui Barros.
"I have no doubt that Wyndham Dubai Marina will be another superb addition to the brand, which we are already growing in key cities throughout the Middle East."
The First Group's co-founder and joint chairman Danny Lubert said: "The First Group is proud to be collaborating with such a renowned name in the global hotel industry on one of our most prestigious hotel developments to date."
- Dewa endorses Acwa and Harbin Electric cooperation
- Jaidah pens distribution deal with STILL in Qatar
- DSE secures $36m project wins in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- MEP Awards 2015: P&T lands Mechanical Project
- MEP Awards 2015: Arabian MEP in Sustainable prize
- RAK Ceramics posts 43% rise in Q3 2015 net profit
- UAE's Arkan posts 32% rise in 9M 2015 net profit
- Dubai emerges as a global hub: Knight Frank
- Eaton names new channels head for the Middle East
- DSI & du sign business communication agreement