Wyndham Hotel group to open first UAE propertyon May 7, 2013
Wyndham Hotel Group has said that it is going to open its first Wyndham Hotel in the UAE at Dubai Marina.
The company said that it has signed a deal with a subsidiary of British property development firm The First Group known as Sigma III Ltd.
The hotel will be based in The First Group's new 33-storey building currently under construction in Dubai Marina. Wyndham Hotels Group, whose brands include the Days Inn and Ramada chains, said it would be branded as the Wyndham Dubai Marina.
It will contain 497 guesst rooms, over half (251) of which will be suites. It will also house 6,800 ft2 of food and beverage outlets as wel asa coffee shop, an executive lounge and a bar.
Thhere wil also be meetings and conference space, and almost 2,500ft2 of spa and leisure facilities including a gym and outdoor pool with a pool bar.
"We're very excited to be bringing our namesake Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand to Dubai, following its successful introduction to the region through the spectacular Wyndham Grand Regency Doha," said Wyndham's EMEA senior vice-president, Rui Barros.
"I have no doubt that Wyndham Dubai Marina will be another superb addition to the brand, which we are already growing in key cities throughout the Middle East."
The First Group's co-founder and joint chairman Danny Lubert said: "The First Group is proud to be collaborating with such a renowned name in the global hotel industry on one of our most prestigious hotel developments to date."
- Top 10: GCC contract wins - August 2015
- Saudi Aramco consider new industrial city project
- RAK Ceramics wins global business awards
- Adnoc: Reduced diesel price poses a challenge
- Saudi's Abu Qafrh turns to tech for HR development
- Petrofac awarded $780m Kuwait EPC project
- Saudi's equipment rental market set for 12% growth
- Construction underway at Istanbul's third airport
- RTA appoints Aurecon for further road development
- Egypt completes $92m water santitation projects