Dubai Investments to complete $300bn sukuk soonon May 12, 2013
Dubai Investments Company, the quoted investment firm whose portfolio includes the Dubai Investments Park and private equity investor Masharie, has said that the $300m (AED: 1.1bn) sukuk it is planning to raise should be finalised "in the coming quarter".
The firm's CEO, Khalid Kalban, said that it expected to finalise the deal after announcing a 97% increase in first qoarter profits to $29.1m (AED: 107m). Revenues also increased by 17% to $176.7m (AED: 649m), while the firm's net worth grew to $2.4bn (AED: 8.7bn).
“We are delighted to deliver solid growth in our Q1 profits," he said. "All sectors of our business are contributing, with real estate doing exceptionally well. The market sentiment is upbeat with overall growth in the economy providing good prospects for our diversified business base. We are closely monitoring the developments in the marketplace with a view to capitalize on available opportunities."
He added that the firm was "very excited" about its prospects for 2013 and said it was actively working on selling some assets.
- Petrofac lands extension at Al Fao
- Construction Week Saudi awards winners revealed
- Fake engineering certificates discovered in Saudi
- Take part in Construction Week's Salary Survey
- Safa Park road diversions begin
- Qatar urged to invest more in UK infrastructure
- Dubai Metro fault leaves thousands stranded
- Dubai developers: completion dates are key to sale
- Northern Emirates rental rates up again in Q3
- Key Dubai areas reveal rent drop in Q3