Dubai Investments to complete $300bn sukuk soonon May 12, 2013
Dubai Investments Company, the quoted investment firm whose portfolio includes the Dubai Investments Park and private equity investor Masharie, has said that the $300m (AED: 1.1bn) sukuk it is planning to raise should be finalised "in the coming quarter".
The firm's CEO, Khalid Kalban, said that it expected to finalise the deal after announcing a 97% increase in first qoarter profits to $29.1m (AED: 107m). Revenues also increased by 17% to $176.7m (AED: 649m), while the firm's net worth grew to $2.4bn (AED: 8.7bn).
“We are delighted to deliver solid growth in our Q1 profits," he said. "All sectors of our business are contributing, with real estate doing exceptionally well. The market sentiment is upbeat with overall growth in the economy providing good prospects for our diversified business base. We are closely monitoring the developments in the marketplace with a view to capitalize on available opportunities."
He added that the firm was "very excited" about its prospects for 2013 and said it was actively working on selling some assets.
- Emirates REIT to raise $135mn in Dubai IPO
- US hardwood exports to MENA hit $90mn in 2013
- Agreement signed for $18.2mn hospital in Duqm
- Off-Site Engineering Solutions wins Saudi MEP deal
- GE wins $23mn power contract in Saudi Arabia
- Free tours of Qatar's architectural heritage
- Architecture design firm to open Dubai office
- Jordan seeks Russian help to go nuclear
- Dubai among fastest growing prime property markets
- Dubai Airports turn off lights for Earth Hour