Dubai Investments to complete $300bn sukuk soonon May 12, 2013
Dubai Investments Company, the quoted investment firm whose portfolio includes the Dubai Investments Park and private equity investor Masharie, has said that the $300m (AED: 1.1bn) sukuk it is planning to raise should be finalised "in the coming quarter".
The firm's CEO, Khalid Kalban, said that it expected to finalise the deal after announcing a 97% increase in first qoarter profits to $29.1m (AED: 107m). Revenues also increased by 17% to $176.7m (AED: 649m), while the firm's net worth grew to $2.4bn (AED: 8.7bn).
“We are delighted to deliver solid growth in our Q1 profits," he said. "All sectors of our business are contributing, with real estate doing exceptionally well. The market sentiment is upbeat with overall growth in the economy providing good prospects for our diversified business base. We are closely monitoring the developments in the marketplace with a view to capitalize on available opportunities."
He added that the firm was "very excited" about its prospects for 2013 and said it was actively working on selling some assets.
- Cargo at Abu Dhabi ports increased by 37%
- English FA chair wants FIFA Qatar World Cup review
- Dubai real estate transactions top $30.7bn for H1
- Great Lakes to create industrial site at Hidd Port
- Sheikh Zayed Housing Programme distributes $315mn
- Abu Dhabi house prices rise 7% in Q2 says report
- Great GCC demand for Sapanca Lake project
- Napco reveals massive expansion plans
- Rolta to install Sadara engineering IT system
- Mohammad Al Mojil Group struggling for survival