Shindaga tunnels face partial maintenace closureson Jun 25, 2013
Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority has said that it will close lanes in the Shindagha Tunnel over the next two weekends to carry out maintenance work.
The closures will start from Friday, June 28 to June 30. On the following weekend, tunnels will partially close from June 5-7.
Acting CEO of the Traffic & Roads Agency, Nabil Mohammed Salih, said: "Maintenance work in the tunnel will be carried out over two phases requiring one direction of the tunnel to be closed and diverting the traffic in each stage."
The RTA will close one half of the tunnel at a time and place traffic through a contraflow system within the other tunnel. The Bur Dubai-Deira side of the tunnel will close this weekend (after midnight on Thursday), with work continuing until 5am on the Sunday.
On the following weekend, the same process will be repeated in the Deira-Bur Dubai tunnel.
Salih urged for motorists to take care when driving through the tunnel.
"This maintenance process is vital and complements the RTA's efforts to upgrade the capacity of traffic facilities, which require continual maintenance and upgrading of the infrastructure," he said.
- Eshraq appoints Jassim Alseddiqi as new chairman
- Aconex inks enterprise agreement with Farrans
- TDIC, Al Jaber ink $100m deal for Jawaher Saadiyat
- Aldar presses ahead with its Al Ain projects
- South Korea inks $920m deal for UAE reactors
- JLL: Abu Dhabi real estate market declines in Q2
- Thumbay Group to build 6 hospitals and 12 clinics
- Qatar Olympic to open its hospitality house in Rio
- Saudi realty sales fall to 10-year low
- Bahrain's Alba reports 45% fall in Q2 net profits