Shindaga tunnels face partial maintenace closureson Jun 25, 2013
Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority has said that it will close lanes in the Shindagha Tunnel over the next two weekends to carry out maintenance work.
The closures will start from Friday, June 28 to June 30. On the following weekend, tunnels will partially close from June 5-7.
Acting CEO of the Traffic & Roads Agency, Nabil Mohammed Salih, said: "Maintenance work in the tunnel will be carried out over two phases requiring one direction of the tunnel to be closed and diverting the traffic in each stage."
The RTA will close one half of the tunnel at a time and place traffic through a contraflow system within the other tunnel. The Bur Dubai-Deira side of the tunnel will close this weekend (after midnight on Thursday), with work continuing until 5am on the Sunday.
On the following weekend, the same process will be repeated in the Deira-Bur Dubai tunnel.
Salih urged for motorists to take care when driving through the tunnel.
"This maintenance process is vital and complements the RTA's efforts to upgrade the capacity of traffic facilities, which require continual maintenance and upgrading of the infrastructure," he said.
- KEO launches contract and QS consultancy, C-Quest
- Hill announces return of Abu Dhabi Masterclass
- GE arm, Khidmah ink energy deal for UAE, KSA
- CWQ Awards: All the winners announced
- COSCO, Abu Dhabi Ports ink container terminal deal
- Qatar: Tender issued for football fan desert camp
- Thales bags Saudi railway maintenance contract
- Umm Al Houl Phase-1 production due in April 2017
- Outgoing DM official reflects on 35 years' service
- MMG’s Adel Al-Mojil sympathises with shareholders