CID 2013: GAJ named design team of the yearon Sep 18, 2013
RELATED ARTICLES: CID 2013: GAJ named design team of the year l CID 2013: Karen Evans named best interior designer l CID 2013: Cuingnet wins Young Designer prize | CID 2013 Award winners revealed | CID 2013: Johnson wins lifetime achievement honour
Godwin Austen Johnson (GAJ) has been selected as the winner for the Commercial Interior Design 2013 Interior Design Firm of the Year’ award.
This award is presented to the company that has produced the most impressive body of work in the Middle East over the past 12 months.
According to the judges, GAJ’s winning entry was praised for its artistic influence on the region’s design industry, setting itself apart through its use of “sophisticated minimalism” that distinguished it from competitors.
“We have really enjoyed this – it’s great for the team,” said Kevin McLachlan, associate partner. “They have really worked hard and know how to focus on the group especially with the nature of our job; we need to always support each other.”
He added: “I took over the practice a year and a half ago, trying to build up the quality of projects since our works goes from Morocco to India and across the Middle East. And although we are building the quality, there is still a lot further we can go. This for us is just the first step.”
Highly commended in this category was Pringle Brandon Perkins + Will. However, GAJ was recognised for its vision that leaves an “indelible mark on every project.”
- Eshraq appoints Jassim Alseddiqi as new chairman
- Aconex inks enterprise agreement with Farrans
- TDIC, Al Jaber ink $100m deal for Jawaher Saadiyat
- Aldar presses ahead with its Al Ain projects
- South Korea inks $920m deal for UAE reactors
- JLL: Abu Dhabi real estate market declines in Q2
- Thumbay Group to build 6 hospitals and 12 clinics
- Qatar Olympic to open its hospitality house in Rio
- Saudi realty sales fall to 10-year low
- Bahrain's Alba reports 45% fall in Q2 net profits