Unaoil Group wins gas contract in Iraqby Yamurai Zendera on Feb 21, 2015
Basrah Gas Company (BGC) has awarded UnaE&C Iraq, an engineering and construction subsidiary of Unaoil Group, a contract for the rehabilitation of West Qurna compressor stations CS7 and CS8 at West Qurna, Iraq.
BGC is a joint venture between state run South Gas Company of Iraq (51%), Shell (44%) and Mitsubishi (5%).
The project will enable flared associated gas generated from Degassing Stations DGS7 and DGS8 in West Qurna to be collected, compressed and dehydrated prior to being sent via pipeline to the downstream gas treatment plant at North Rumaila NGL Plant for further processing.
UnaE&C’s scope of work includes project management, procurement, fabrication, installation and construction of the related works.
The firm's operating centres in Dubai and Basra will support the project execution at West Qurna.
Cyrus Ahsani, CEO of Unaoil Group said: “This is an excellent opportunity for Unaoil to utilise our local capabilities and deliver this important project to the high international standards expected by BGC.”
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- Bahrain: Alba hands power station deal to Siemens
- RTA to reopen Marina roads along Dubai Tram
- Dubai: IMG Worlds of Adventure's launch delayed
- KBW confirms two infrastructure projects in Jordan
- Sohar Industrial's $51m Phase 7 works 30% complete
- Abu Dhabi approves projects worth $148m in emirate
- Dubai Ruler oversees DEWA-Masdar solar park MOU
- Emaar awards Dubai Hills PM contract to EllisDon
- Company formed to manage UAE Barakah nuclear units