Home / Who's building Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup stadiums?
Who's building Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup stadiums?by Neha Bhatia on Aug 12, 2015
Earlier this week, Qatar's Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (SCDL) announced it will decide how many stadiums it intends to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup in, by the end of this year.
In the meantime, Construction Week looks at the contracting and consulting firms lined up to construct the five stadiums Qatari organisers have announced so far.
The stadiums are listed in the order they were announced, based on a report by newswire Reuters.
Al Wakrah Stadium
Location: Al Wakrah
Construction start date: Third quarter (Q3) 2015
Estimated completion: Q1 2018
Project Management Consultant: KEO International Consultants
Main Construction Contractor: To be decided
Designer and Engineering Consultants: AECOM
Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
Article continues on next page...
- India's L&T wins $135m Qatar World Cup contract
- Footballers slam Qatar 2022 labour conditions
- Qatar investigates death at World Cup stadium site
- Worker dies after falling ill at World Cup site
- FIFA set up worker welfare body for 2022 World Cup
- Eversendai debunks Amnesty 2022 FIFA Qatar claims
- Qatar pledges to investigate worker abuse claims
- 'Qatar 2022 World Cup workers suffering abuse'
- Project study underway to analyse 2,117km GCC Rail
- 'No deaths on 2022 World Cup Qatar stadium sites'