Dubai property prices show 'no significant change'by Ashleigh McGinley on Jan 6, 2016
Dubai's property prices remained steady in December for the second month running, according to a new report.
The December ValuStrat Price Index (VPI) for Dubai's residential market has shown that, on average, there was no significant monthly change in values across the 26 areas it monitors for apartments and villas.
The December VPI registered 97.9 index points, with no significant change in values when compared to the previous five months.
This marks the first time the residential market registering no effective monthly change since the current period of correction that began after the peak mid-2014.
Compared to a 100 point base in Jan '14, the Dubai villa market registered 96.9 points in December last year and the apartment market 98.6 points, similar to September, October as well as November.
- Dubai: Imposed fire laws cause 270 handover delays
- Bloom Gardens' phase 3 delivered ahead of schedule
- Winners of ME Tekla BIM Awards announced in Dubai
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- Nakheel declared debt-free after sukuk repayment
- R Hotels, Fourzone ink Palm project fit-out deal
- Core UAE: Dubai property market reaching maturity
- Sharjah's Al Zahia wins first BREEAM certificate
- UAE: Alubond invests $13m in fire-resistant panels
- Dubai: DP World to delay Jebel Ali port expansion