Dubai property prices show 'no significant change'by Ashleigh McGinley on Jan 6, 2016
Dubai's property prices remained steady in December for the second month running, according to a new report.
The December ValuStrat Price Index (VPI) for Dubai's residential market has shown that, on average, there was no significant monthly change in values across the 26 areas it monitors for apartments and villas.
The December VPI registered 97.9 index points, with no significant change in values when compared to the previous five months.
This marks the first time the residential market registering no effective monthly change since the current period of correction that began after the peak mid-2014.
Compared to a 100 point base in Jan '14, the Dubai villa market registered 96.9 points in December last year and the apartment market 98.6 points, similar to September, October as well as November.
- UAE: SZHP approves $79m housing aid for citizens
- Dubai tops property investment locations for 2017
- Dubai: 1,300sqm plots open for Water Canal homes
- Construction work on Suez Canal to begin in 2017
- Dubai's residential rents to remain stable in 2017
- UAE firm to set up $1.6bn steel plant in Algeria
- UAE: Budding property tycoons meet to discuss PPP
- AkzoNobel launches new range of paints, primers
- Waseela begins trial of indoor navigation system
- Big 5: Opening day attracts 13,000 visitors