Dubai property prices show 'no significant change'by Ashleigh McGinley on Jan 6, 2016
Dubai's property prices remained steady in December for the second month running, according to a new report.
The December ValuStrat Price Index (VPI) for Dubai's residential market has shown that, on average, there was no significant monthly change in values across the 26 areas it monitors for apartments and villas.
The December VPI registered 97.9 index points, with no significant change in values when compared to the previous five months.
This marks the first time the residential market registering no effective monthly change since the current period of correction that began after the peak mid-2014.
Compared to a 100 point base in Jan '14, the Dubai villa market registered 96.9 points in December last year and the apartment market 98.6 points, similar to September, October as well as November.
- GCC needs to focus on low-energy architecture
- UAE's Arkan posts $111m revenue in H1 2016
- Autodesk unveils interactive visualisation service
- Dubai: Azizi unveils $80m Montrell apartments
- DP World in MoU to develop Kaohsiung Port, Taiwan
- Saudis in bid for Grosvenor House and Plaza hotels
- Dubai: Nakheel posts $803m net profit in H1 2016
- Dubai: Dubai Properties launches Bellevue Tower 2
- DP World posts 2.5% gross volume growth in H1 2016
- UAE: Rents fall in Abu Dhabi and Dubai in H1 2016