Dubai property prices show 'no significant change'by Ashleigh McGinley on Jan 6, 2016
Dubai's property prices remained steady in December for the second month running, according to a new report.
The December ValuStrat Price Index (VPI) for Dubai's residential market has shown that, on average, there was no significant monthly change in values across the 26 areas it monitors for apartments and villas.
The December VPI registered 97.9 index points, with no significant change in values when compared to the previous five months.
This marks the first time the residential market registering no effective monthly change since the current period of correction that began after the peak mid-2014.
Compared to a 100 point base in Jan '14, the Dubai villa market registered 96.9 points in December last year and the apartment market 98.6 points, similar to September, October as well as November.
- Dubai: BASF's chemicals for 3D-printed office
- Dubai Land Department launches new smart ejari app
- Two-for-one offer on CW digital subscriptions
- Masdar CEO: Brexit unlikely to affect UK ventures
- Top five facts: Mohammed bin Rashid solar park
- Jumeirah Golf Estates sells out affordable homes
- UAE: Cavendish Maxwell appoints new CEO
- Bayut: Marginal rent growth in Abu Dhabi and Dubai
- Damac awards 25 contracts worth $816m in H1 2016
- Dubai Industrial Strategy to add $45bn to economy