Dubai property prices show 'no significant change'by Ashleigh McGinley on Jan 6, 2016
Dubai's property prices remained steady in December for the second month running, according to a new report.
The December ValuStrat Price Index (VPI) for Dubai's residential market has shown that, on average, there was no significant monthly change in values across the 26 areas it monitors for apartments and villas.
The December VPI registered 97.9 index points, with no significant change in values when compared to the previous five months.
This marks the first time the residential market registering no effective monthly change since the current period of correction that began after the peak mid-2014.
Compared to a 100 point base in Jan '14, the Dubai villa market registered 96.9 points in December last year and the apartment market 98.6 points, similar to September, October as well as November.
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- Dubai Land Department system surveys Deira homes
- REPORT: Rent prices drop for UAE cities in 2016
- UAE’s nuclear authority approves budget for 2017
- UAE: Deyaar reports 85% rise in nine-month profits
- UAE's EGA opens container terminal in Guinea
- UAE: Nakheel's nine-month profit grows 8% to $1bn
- Damac shares obtain Sharia compliance certificate
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Artar: Developers must ease pressure on investors