DP World Russia to invest $2bn in Russian portsby Yamurai Zendera on Jan 28, 2016
DP World and the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) have launched a new joint venture company targeting ports, transportation and logistics infrastructure in Russia.
DP World will own an 80% shareholding with the remaining 20% held by RDIF.
Under the name DP World Russia, the company will target marine, dry ports and logistics infrastructure in different parts of Russia.
DP World Russia is expected to potentially invest over time a total of $2bn in upgrading Russian port facilities.
Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, DP World chairman, said: “Russia has always been an attractive origin and destination market for us with huge long term growth prospects. This joint venture allows DP World and RDIF to build on each other’s strengths in bringing economic prosperity to Russia. It is also another great example of the strategic partnerships with government stakeholders, a model that has proven very successful for us over the years.
Ports and logistics infrastructure are long term investments and this is why, when we invest, we prefer an approach that recognises the benefits of sharing resources for a common purpose.
RDIF has a proven track record of investing with other global companies and we are pleased to partner with them. This JV will enable us to share with Russia our experience as a global port operator and trade enabler and to further enhance the already established strong relations between our countries.”
Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of RDIF, said: “DP World’s global expertise and its proven and tested ability to drive trade growth and develop efficient infrastructure, make it the ideal choice to support the long-term goals for the development of Russia. We are glad to welcome DP World in Russia and look forward to creating an effective partnership which will benefit both Russia and UAE.”
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- Dubai: DP World to delay Jebel Ali port expansion
- Dubai: DP World's H1 net profit up 50% to $608m
- KBW confirms two infrastructure projects in Jordan
- Caterpillar: New 320D2L excavator more efficient
- Siemens raises outlook following quarterly growth
- DP World to expand and operate Canadian port
- DP World in MoU to develop Kaohsiung Port, Taiwan
- DP World posts 2.5% gross volume growth in H1 2016