Revealed: Meydan to build new beach hotel in Dubaiby Paromita Dey on Feb 1, 2016
Master developer Meydan Group is currently building a five-star beach hotel on Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) in Dubai.
On the sidelines of the launch event for phase 3 of District One in Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City, Meydan officials told Construction Week that the beach hotel is located next to the Ritz Carlton and opposite to the Movenpick hotel in JBR.
Meghnad Warrier, vice president of finance, Meydan Group, said: "The development comprises around 260 rooms, including hotel and serviced apartments. We have already started the shoring and piling works for the project."
He also added: "Construction contract has already been awarded and the project is expected to be complete within three years time, approximately by 2019. "
The group is also developing the Meydan One featuring a 711m-high tower, a huge new mall, the world’s largest indoor ski slope, a 25,000 sqm indoor sports facility, the biggest dancing fountains in the world, a beach and a civic plaza capable of hosting up to 60,000 people.
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- UAE’s nuclear authority approves budget for 2017
- UAE's EGA opens container terminal in Guinea
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Siemens presents metro train to Riyadh authority
- Saudi Arabia tests rail link from Riyadh to border
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- ConocoPhillips appoints new Qatar business head
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai