Revealed: Meydan to build new beach hotel in Dubaiby Paromita Dey on Feb 1, 2016
Master developer Meydan Group is currently building a five-star beach hotel on Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) in Dubai.
On the sidelines of the launch event for phase 3 of District One in Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City, Meydan officials told Construction Week that the beach hotel is located next to the Ritz Carlton and opposite to the Movenpick hotel in JBR.
Meghnad Warrier, vice president of finance, Meydan Group, said: "The development comprises around 260 rooms, including hotel and serviced apartments. We have already started the shoring and piling works for the project."
He also added: "Construction contract has already been awarded and the project is expected to be complete within three years time, approximately by 2019. "
The group is also developing the Meydan One featuring a 711m-high tower, a huge new mall, the world’s largest indoor ski slope, a 25,000 sqm indoor sports facility, the biggest dancing fountains in the world, a beach and a civic plaza capable of hosting up to 60,000 people.
- Two-for-one offer on CW digital subscriptions
- Dubai Industrial Strategy to add $45bn to economy
- KBW brings Ascorel technologies to the region
- Dubai's Meydan raises $272m financing for projects
- Kuwait's Al Hamra Tower team honours AESG
- Corinthia to manage Meydan's luxury Dubai hotel
- CWOnline.com passes one-million page views in May
- UAE: Majid Al Futtaim to invest $13bn by 2026
- Terex boss welcomes end to Zoomlion takeover talks
- ADP highlights opportunities for Chinese market