Egypt: Siemens wins power station service contractby James Morgan on Feb 9, 2016
Siemens has extended a long-term contract to service and maintain three operational power plants in Egypt.
Under the terms of the deal, the Germany-headquartered firm will deliver upgrades to help meet demand peaks at the country’s Nubaria, Talkha, and El Kureimat power stations.
The 10-year extension will see Siemens continue to conduct service and maintenance activities for eight SGT5-4000F gas turbines and associated generators.
Commenting on the contract extension, Tim Holt, chief executive officer of Siemens Power Generation Services, said: “Siemens is committed to working closely with the Ministry of Energy in Egypt as the country looks to meet the region’s growing power demands.
“By modernising and upgrading existing power components, we are providing our advanced service technologies, including our industrial-strength data analytics and remote-monitoring capabilities, to help ensure the long-term reliability of these power plants for many years to come,” he added.
The agreement was signed under the supervision of Egyptian Electricity Holding Company (EEHC), represented by Middle Delta Electricity Production Company and Upper Egypt Electricity Production Company.
In addition to long-term service and maintenance, the scope of the extended agreement includes a number of modernisation and upgradation measures designed to improve operational flexibility.
One such procedure will involve the application of a 33MAC upgrade to extend intervals between gas turbine inspections from 25,000 equivalent operating hours (EOH) to 33,000 EOH. Siemens will also upgrade the gas turbine controls to its SPPA-T3000 control system as part of the contract.
“Ensuring the continued, reliable performance of existing power plants and upgrading components to help meet power demand peaks [in Egypt] is vitally important,” Holt concluded.
- Dubai: Nakheel floats tenders to build substations
- Siemens presents metro train to Riyadh authority
- Siemens delivers its 1,000th gas turbine to Qatar
- Siemens builds largest rotor for Jazan project
- Bahrain: Alba hands power station deal to Siemens
- Abu Dhabi: Tenders floated for construction works
- Al Shirawi completes fit-out of Dubai hospital
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- UAE: Commodore MEP to form new MEP company
- Dubai: Nakheel tenders for security services