US: Trimble acquires software developer Sefairaby Alexander Pieri on Feb 21, 2016
Trimble has announced the acquisition of Sefaira, a cloud-based software developer that designs sustainable and high-performance buildings.
The incorporation of Sefaira under its umbrellas will help expand Trimble’s design-build-operate (DBO) portfolio. This includes a performance analysis capability that would enable users to optimise their carbon generation, as well as their water and energy usage.
Sefair analysis tools would also be compatible with models created with Trimble’s Sketchup, its flagship building design tool, as well as models created in Autodesk Revit.
Additionally, the software developer with offices in both US and UK, offers tools for both engineers and contractors to analyse HVAC designs.
Chris Keating, general manager of Trimble's Architecture & Design Division, shared: “Architects rely on SketchUp to understand conceptual design choices and develop constructible models.”
He added: “But today, design is no longer just about aesthetics. Architects need to consider building performance in a more intuitive way, and be able to collaborate better with the engineers who design the systems that make buildings work.”
Mads Jensen, CEO, Sefaira, also added: “Sefaira's tools are already being used by designers at more than 500 firms globally… joining forces with Trimble will allow us to expand the reach of our tools much further, bringing performance analysis to many more architects around the world.”
- Building renovations can save 50% of energy costs
- Three tips for equipment rental in GCC's FM sector
- Altaaqa achieves ISO award for energy performance
- UAE: Siemens to showcase digital tech at WFES
- UAE: Nakheel releases tender for maintenance work
- Lite-tech inaugurates LED fixings factory in Dubai
- GCC: Honeywell rolls out new hospitality devices
- Hyundai Elevator wins Saudi medical complex deal
- Dhofar Global expects 50% growth in GCC this year
- KONE wins order for Bahrain International Airport