US: Trimble acquires software developer Sefairaby Alexander Pieri on Feb 21, 2016
Trimble has announced the acquisition of Sefaira, a cloud-based software developer that designs sustainable and high-performance buildings.
The incorporation of Sefaira under its umbrellas will help expand Trimble’s design-build-operate (DBO) portfolio. This includes a performance analysis capability that would enable users to optimise their carbon generation, as well as their water and energy usage.
Sefair analysis tools would also be compatible with models created with Trimble’s Sketchup, its flagship building design tool, as well as models created in Autodesk Revit.
Additionally, the software developer with offices in both US and UK, offers tools for both engineers and contractors to analyse HVAC designs.
Chris Keating, general manager of Trimble's Architecture & Design Division, shared: “Architects rely on SketchUp to understand conceptual design choices and develop constructible models.”
He added: “But today, design is no longer just about aesthetics. Architects need to consider building performance in a more intuitive way, and be able to collaborate better with the engineers who design the systems that make buildings work.”
Mads Jensen, CEO, Sefaira, also added: “Sefaira's tools are already being used by designers at more than 500 firms globally… joining forces with Trimble will allow us to expand the reach of our tools much further, bringing performance analysis to many more architects around the world.”
- Global outsourced FM market worth $1tn by 2025
- Dubai: Nakheel tenders for security services
- What are the challenges of offering FM in Syria?
- EFS wins $4m FM deal from Dubai Real Estate Corp
- Can GCC's young FM professionals find jobs online?
- Top 10 benefits of using FM for GCC buildings
- Dubai Ruler oversees DEWA-Masdar solar park MOU
- 'Involving FM in GCC building design a challenge'
- Why is Masdar installing sensors in UAE mosques?
- Kuwait's Al Hamra Tower team honours AESG