Omani Al Raffd fund finances 118 projects for $19mby Paromita Dey on Feb 22, 2016
Oman's Al Raffd Fund financed 118 industrial projects in various governorates of the Sultanate worth $19.7m (OMR7.6m) in 2015.
The projects provided 840 job opportunities.
The number of under-establishment projects are 39 projects, out of which 28 were established with less than $779 (OMR300) monthly income.
The governorate of North Al Batinah came on top that benefitted from the Al Raffd Fund’s industrial loans with 33 projects, for (35) beneficiaries, worth more than $4.1m (OMR1.6m), and provided 315 jobs.
Governorate of A’Dakhiliyah came in second place with 27 projects, for (36) beneficiaries, with more than $4.4m (OMR1.7m), and provided 168 jobs.
Governorate of Dhofar came in third place with (17) projects, for (19) beneficiaries, worth more than $3.6m (OMR1.4m), provided 80 jobs.
Al Raffd Fund financed 10 projects in the Governorate of South Al Batinah for (11) beneficiaries and provided 95 jobs, with a total value of more than $1.8m (OMR730,000).
The total value of the projects financed by the fund in the Governorate of Muscat was more than $1.2m (OMR470,000) for six projects and seven beneficiaries, the projects provided 68 jobs,
- Dubai Industrial Strategy to add $45bn to economy
- Muscat Int'l Airport passenger terminal 91% built
- Oman: Galfar order book position stands at $1.9bn
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital
- Saudi: $122bn worth of projects ongoing in Riyadh
- Top five tips for hiring project managers in GCC
- India's L&T awarded 400kV Oman Electricity deal
- FRHI to open four new hotels in ME over next year
- Top 10 GCC job trends and forecasts for 2016
- UAE Hyperloop system could be confirmed by 2020