Ford and Al Tayer launch 2016 Ranger pickup in UAEby James Morgan on Feb 22, 2016
Ford Middle East and Al Tayer Motors have launched the 2016-model Ranger in the UAE.
The manufacturer’s latest Ranger pickups feature Duratorg TDCi engines, electric power-assisted steering, and are available in single-cab, rap-cab, or double-cab formations.
The 2016 Ford Ranger is also up to 22% more fuel efficient than its predecessor, according to the US-based automaker.
Commenting on the launch, Thierry Sabbagh, managing director of Ford Middle East, said: “It represents a smarter kind of tough, and will help our customers to achieve more in every type of application. The current Ranger is one of the toughest, most capable pickups out there, and this is reflected in the exceptional sales of the [model] to date.
“Thanks to our proud truck heritage and global expertise in the utility segment, we’ve made what was great even better, with a bold new look, improved efficiency, and a new level of refinement,” he added.
The vehicle boasts an 800mm water-wading depth, and with 230mm of ground clearance, is equipped to deal with the Middle East’s challenging terrain. The Ranger features a 28° approach angle and 25° departure angle to cope with steep obstacles.
An electronically controlled transfer case enables drivers of the four-wheel-drive option to shift from ‘4x2’ to ‘4x4 high’ on the fly. For low-speed torque or additional downhill control, the truck features a low-range 4x4 gearing option. An electronic-locking rear differential has been included to improve traction when necessary.
The 2016-model Ranger will continue to be produced at Ford’s Silverton Assembly Plant in Pretoria, US. It will be exported to 148 markets across the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region.
The latest version of the Ranger will be sold in the UAE by Ford’s authorised dealer for the Emirates, Al Tayer Motors.
- Terex boss welcomes end to Zoomlion takeover talks
- Saudi: Riyadh Metro feeder mass buses unveiled
- France approves 1,225kmph inter-city hyperloop
- UAE: Ford to address aluminium recycling benefits
- Ford eyes $170m expansion of EMEA assembly plant
- Major UK port takes delivery of Sennebogen 875
- Chicago Pneumatic expands walk-behind roller range
- Tunnelling complete at Doha Metro 41km Red Line
- UAE Hyperloop system could be confirmed by 2020
- Ford and Al Tayer launch 2016 Ranger pickup in UAE