Dubai named top Middle Eastern city for expatsby Ashleigh McGinley on Feb 23, 2016
Dubai has ranked as the top Middle Eastern city for expatriate living for the fourth year in a row, according to Mercer's 2016 Quality of Living Survey.
The human resources consultancy ranked the city 75th in the global rankings - edging out its neighbour Abu Dhabi which was placed 81st.
Globally, Austrain capital Vienna claimed top spot, followed by Zurich in Switzerland, and Auckland in New Zealand.
Baghdad in Iraq, rated 230th in the world, ranked last - with Damascus in Syria ranking second last at number 229.
Elsewhere in the GCC, Muscat, Oman ranked 107th followed by Doha, Qatar in 110th place.
Kuwait listed 124th, closely followed by Saudi cities Riyadh and Jeddah placed in 164th and 165th places respectively.
The survey of 230 cities helps companies and organisations determine compensation and hardship allowances for international staff.
It uses dozens of criteria such as political stability, health care, education, crime, recreation and transport.
- CW Awards 2016: Full winners’ list revealed
- CW Awards 2016: Lifetime Achievement Award
- CW Awards 2016: Developer of the Year revealed
- CW Awards 2016: Contractor of the Year revealed
- CW Awards 2016: Winning Sub-Contractor announced
- CW Awards 2016: Consultant of the Year awarded
- CW Awards 2016: Winning Construction Exec revealed
- CW Awards 2016: Engineer of the Year crowned
- CW Awards 2016: Winning Project Manager crowned
- CW Awards 2016: Winning CSR Initiative revealed