Revealed: Jewel of the Creek topping out in Dubaiby Neha Bhatia on Feb 24, 2016
The development team behind Dubai's $1.1bn (AED4bn) Jewel of the Creek has announced a date for the project's topping out ceremony.
The project's last stone will be laid on 29 February, Roda Hotels confirmed.
Roda Hotels is the hospitality arm of Dubai International Real Estate, and is overseeing the project's development.
The development's construction schedule has been split across Package 8 (island) and Package 9 (mainland).
Package 8 was the first of the two to be released and tendered, where work is currently being carried out by Habtoor Leighton Group.
The contractor is providing cladded and shell and core structures for the island component of the project, which is situated between Dubai’s Al Maktoum Bridge and Floating Bridge.
- DM: 11,413 buildings completed in Dubai in 2016
- Nakheel invests $41m in cycle tracks across Dubai
- Work on Phase 3 of MBR solar park to begin Jan end
- Expo 2020 detailed designs nearly complete
- Fourzone inks $8.1m fit-out deal for Dubai hotel
- Hyundai Elevator wins Saudi medical complex deal
- KONE wins order for Bahrain International Airport
- ACES wins geo works deal for Al Maktoum Airport
- DM allocates $1.9bn for service projects this year
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016