Saudi Arabia: First Riyadh Metro train completeby Hadi Khatib on Feb 25, 2016
The first train in the Riyadh metro project has been built, the Al Riyadh daily reported.
The project is being supervised by the High Commission for the Development of Arriyadh and consists of 190 trains currently being made by three of the world’s largest manufacturers — Siemens from Germany, Bombardier from Canada, and Alstom from France.
A Saudi delegation visited Siemens in Germany to check services, equipment, component specifications, and systems of the units.
Each train is equipped with electronic display screens and visual information systems to communicate with passengers.
Surveillance cameras are also in place.
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- KBW confirms two infrastructure projects in Jordan
- Caterpillar: New 320D2L excavator more efficient
- Siemens raises outlook following quarterly growth
- Sohar Industrial's $51m Phase 7 works 30% complete
- Kalmar to supply tractors to Khalifa Port Terminal
- Levitating pods to revolutionise UAE transport
- Two-for-one offer on CW digital subscriptions
- Dubai Industrial Strategy to add $45bn to economy