Saudi Arabia: First Riyadh Metro train completeby Hadi Khatib on Feb 25, 2016
The first train in the Riyadh metro project has been built, the Al Riyadh daily reported.
The project is being supervised by the High Commission for the Development of Arriyadh and consists of 190 trains currently being made by three of the world’s largest manufacturers — Siemens from Germany, Bombardier from Canada, and Alstom from France.
A Saudi delegation visited Siemens in Germany to check services, equipment, component specifications, and systems of the units.
Each train is equipped with electronic display screens and visual information systems to communicate with passengers.
Surveillance cameras are also in place.
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- UAE’s nuclear authority approves budget for 2017
- UAE's EGA opens container terminal in Guinea
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Siemens presents metro train to Riyadh authority
- Saudi Arabia tests rail link from Riyadh to border
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- ConocoPhillips appoints new Qatar business head
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai