Saudi Arabia: First Riyadh Metro train completeby Hadi Khatib on Feb 25, 2016
The first train in the Riyadh metro project has been built, the Al Riyadh daily reported.
The project is being supervised by the High Commission for the Development of Arriyadh and consists of 190 trains currently being made by three of the world’s largest manufacturers — Siemens from Germany, Bombardier from Canada, and Alstom from France.
A Saudi delegation visited Siemens in Germany to check services, equipment, component specifications, and systems of the units.
Each train is equipped with electronic display screens and visual information systems to communicate with passengers.
Surveillance cameras are also in place.
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- Saudi Arabia: First Riyadh Metro train complete
- Qatar project opportunities worth $70bn
- Dropping oil prices will not affect Qatar
- Qatar airport expansion plans revealed
- Emaar's Downtown cultural quarter moves on site
- Oman cement to increase grinding capacity