Sharjah Ruler approves $41m public works budgetby Neha Bhatia on Feb 26, 2016
Sharjah's Ruler has approved a budget for the Emirate's Department of Public Works.
HH Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, approved $40.8m (AED150m) as the department's budget.
This amount was arrived at after the Emirate's municipal councils submitted their project proposals to the public works department.
Eng. Ali bin Shaheen Al Suwaidi, head of the Department of Public Works in Sharjah, said the department has formulated a construction plan spanning the entire Emirate.
Plans for the year include academic, sports, and educational projects.
Al Suwaidi said Sharjah's Department of Public Works completed 90% of the Emirate's planned municipal development and service projects last year.
- Cluttons: Sharjah rents to decline further in 2016
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital
- Saudi: $122bn worth of projects ongoing in Riyadh
- FRHI to open four new hotels in ME over next year
- UAE Hyperloop system could be confirmed by 2020
- Sharjah approves five pedestrian bridges' designs
- Sharjah Ruler approves $41m public works budget
- Emiratisation key to Sharjah $5.5bn 2016 budget
- $653 Tilal City attracts international investors
- Construction firms 27% of new business register