Sharjah Ruler approves $41m public works budgetby Neha Bhatia on Feb 26, 2016
Sharjah's Ruler has approved a budget for the Emirate's Department of Public Works.
HH Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, approved $40.8m (AED150m) as the department's budget.
This amount was arrived at after the Emirate's municipal councils submitted their project proposals to the public works department.
Eng. Ali bin Shaheen Al Suwaidi, head of the Department of Public Works in Sharjah, said the department has formulated a construction plan spanning the entire Emirate.
Plans for the year include academic, sports, and educational projects.
Al Suwaidi said Sharjah's Department of Public Works completed 90% of the Emirate's planned municipal development and service projects last year.
- Union Properties profits drop 51% in 2016
- Rezidor signs contract for two new hotels in Dubai
- In Pictures: Top rail projects in the UAE
- Sobha offers discount on DLD fees for Emiratis
- ADFD loans Sudan $90m to build hydroelectric plant
- SSH awarded Marassi Boulevard project in Bahrain
- UAE: Nakheel reports annual net profits of $1.35bn
- CMCS launches project management office training
- DM allocates $1.9bn for service projects this year
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016