Sharjah Ruler approves $41m public works budgetby Neha Bhatia on Feb 26, 2016
Sharjah's Ruler has approved a budget for the Emirate's Department of Public Works.
HH Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, approved $40.8m (AED150m) as the department's budget.
This amount was arrived at after the Emirate's municipal councils submitted their project proposals to the public works department.
Eng. Ali bin Shaheen Al Suwaidi, head of the Department of Public Works in Sharjah, said the department has formulated a construction plan spanning the entire Emirate.
Plans for the year include academic, sports, and educational projects.
Al Suwaidi said Sharjah's Department of Public Works completed 90% of the Emirate's planned municipal development and service projects last year.
- UAE’s nuclear authority approves budget for 2017
- UAE's EGA opens container terminal in Guinea
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- UAE: ALEC signs enterprise agreement with Aconex
- Bahrain: Alba hands power station deal to Siemens
- KBW confirms two infrastructure projects in Jordan
- Sohar Industrial's $51m Phase 7 works 30% complete
- Dubai Industrial Strategy to add $45bn to economy
- Cluttons: Sharjah rents to decline further in 2016
- Saudi-Canadian PPP to build $133m hospital