Sharjah Ruler approves $41m public works budgetby Neha Bhatia on Feb 26, 2016
Sharjah's Ruler has approved a budget for the Emirate's Department of Public Works.
HH Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, approved $40.8m (AED150m) as the department's budget.
This amount was arrived at after the Emirate's municipal councils submitted their project proposals to the public works department.
Eng. Ali bin Shaheen Al Suwaidi, head of the Department of Public Works in Sharjah, said the department has formulated a construction plan spanning the entire Emirate.
Plans for the year include academic, sports, and educational projects.
Al Suwaidi said Sharjah's Department of Public Works completed 90% of the Emirate's planned municipal development and service projects last year.
- DM allocates $1.9bn for service projects this year
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Saudi Aramco awards McDermott an EPCI contract
- Projects worth $65m approved in Abu Dhabi
- UAE's largest desalination plant is 53% complete
- Infrastructure spending to increase by 27% in 2017
- Saudi Aramco breaks ground on new research centre
- Investors dismayed with delays on Asfan project
- UAE: Nakheel inaugurates $30m mall in Al Furjan
- German group to build two power stations in Iran