Sharjah Ruler approves $41m public works budgetby Neha Bhatia on Feb 26, 2016
Sharjah's Ruler has approved a budget for the Emirate's Department of Public Works.
HH Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, approved $40.8m (AED150m) as the department's budget.
This amount was arrived at after the Emirate's municipal councils submitted their project proposals to the public works department.
Eng. Ali bin Shaheen Al Suwaidi, head of the Department of Public Works in Sharjah, said the department has formulated a construction plan spanning the entire Emirate.
Plans for the year include academic, sports, and educational projects.
Al Suwaidi said Sharjah's Department of Public Works completed 90% of the Emirate's planned municipal development and service projects last year.
- CW Awards 2016: Infra Project of the Year revealed
- Hill Intl wins PM contract for Qatar development
- Hill Intl nabs project mgmt contract in Morocco
- Hill Intl bags $15.5m FM contract from ADNOC
- Rotana to build 12 new hotels in the UAE by 2020
- Albaddad Capital expands facilities to meet demand
- Azizi hands over Azizi Orchid Residence to owners
- Hyundai to begin construction on Saudi shipyard
- HLG bags Al Mutahidah Towers construction contract
- Damac unveils Akoya Manarola villas in Al Qudra