Chicago Pneumatic launches MV58 plate compactorby James Morgan on Feb 25, 2016
Chicago Pneumatic has launched the MV58, a forward plate compactor that weighs less than 70kg.
The US-headquartered equipment manufacturer claims that in addition to its low weight, its latest model is easy to operate, manoeuvre, and maintain.
The MV58 features a forward asphalt plate compactor as standard, with an integrated, tubeless water distribution system. The design, according to the manufacturer, prevents asphalt from sticking to the plate, making the unit “virtually maintenance free”.
Commenting on the product introduction, Andrzej Mroziński, Chicago Pneumatic spokesperson, said: “The MV58 has been specifically designed to meet the demand from rental companies and contractors for more lightweight, yet robust forward asphalt plate compactors that don’t compromise on speed, efficiency, or operator safety.”
To optimise water consumption, the MV58 includes a corrosion-free five-litre water tank, which boasts an easy-to-reach flow adjustment valve. To facilitate easy and fast transportation between job sites, the compact unit is also available with additional transportation wheels.
The MV58 is suited to the compaction of thin layers of asphalt and small road-related repairs and maintenance procedures.
- DEWA signs MoU with Électricité de France
- Three tips for equipment rental in GCC's FM sector
- Continental reports 11% net sales growth in 2016
- Altaaqa achieves ISO award for energy performance
- Sharjah gears up for GCC steel fabrication event
- UAE: Imdaad earns $136m in revenue for 2016
- Abu Dhabi government enters Hyperloop agreement
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Big 5: Collocated shows to cater to metro needs
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala