Chicago Pneumatic launches MV58 plate compactorby James Morgan on Feb 25, 2016
Chicago Pneumatic has launched the MV58, a forward plate compactor that weighs less than 70kg.
The US-headquartered equipment manufacturer claims that in addition to its low weight, its latest model is easy to operate, manoeuvre, and maintain.
The MV58 features a forward asphalt plate compactor as standard, with an integrated, tubeless water distribution system. The design, according to the manufacturer, prevents asphalt from sticking to the plate, making the unit “virtually maintenance free”.
Commenting on the product introduction, Andrzej Mroziński, Chicago Pneumatic spokesperson, said: “The MV58 has been specifically designed to meet the demand from rental companies and contractors for more lightweight, yet robust forward asphalt plate compactors that don’t compromise on speed, efficiency, or operator safety.”
To optimise water consumption, the MV58 includes a corrosion-free five-litre water tank, which boasts an easy-to-reach flow adjustment valve. To facilitate easy and fast transportation between job sites, the compact unit is also available with additional transportation wheels.
The MV58 is suited to the compaction of thin layers of asphalt and small road-related repairs and maintenance procedures.
- ADFD to finance $40m Moroccan rail project
- Big 5: Collocated shows to cater to metro needs
- Petrofac bags extension contract from Mubadala
- UAE: Portacool to unveil four new coolers at Big 5
- Construction prospects to be showcased in China
- Saudi: Construction sector poses risk to banks
- UAE: ALEC Energy wins 6.8MW solar plant contract
- Siemens presents metro train to Riyadh authority
- Saudi Arabia tests rail link from Riyadh to border
- PMV Power List 2016 — Part one: A-C