Dubai: Dewa launches smart power plantby Paromita Dey on Feb 29, 2016
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) has launched the smart power plant.
The luanch aims to develop DEWA's smart operations and achieve its vision to become a sustainable world-class utility, in line with making Dubai the smartest city in the world.
“The launch of the smart power plant is part of our efforts to speed up the transformation of Dubai into a smart city, in line with the Smart Dubai initiative launched by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, to make Dubai the smartest city in the world," said HE Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer, MD and CEO of DEWA.
"The smart power plant will enhance the quality of life in Dubai and provide its community with efficient and reliable electricity and water services.
“It is a centralised information system that automatically gathers data from control systems in real time and is capable of functions such as watering plants using the one-way data device, developed by Dewa’s internal staff. The operational system is clear and comprehensive, allowing quick analysis and fast decision making to improve performance and prevent potential mishaps. Users can easily receive results at any time, and from any location, by the use of personal computers, or other smart devices,” added Al Tayer.
The data gathered by power plants can be immediately calculated by the smart power plant in real time, showing immediate results for major performance indicators such as production, and performance.
The system automatically issues technical, and administrative reports, and sends immediate notifications regarding important events via email or SMS.
- Rasmala acquires 72 warehouses in DIP for $81m
- Dubai Properties Group unveils homes at Serena
- Qatar earth-moving equipment market set to grow 5%
- Dubai Sports City luxury villas ready for handover
- Dubai: Imposed fire laws cause 270 handover delays
- Bloom Gardens' phase 3 delivered ahead of schedule
- Winners of ME Tekla BIM Awards announced in Dubai
- Empower launches mobile chiller trailers in Dubai
- Nakheel declared debt-free after sukuk repayment
- R Hotels, Fourzone ink Palm project fit-out deal